I found out that the guy who did the killing spree in Oregon, had never had a girlfriend, is this becoming an epidemic, crisis in America?

The guys name was Chris-Harper Mercer, and even though he did not use that as his motive for carrying out the killings, the investigators found out that fact revealed about him he made on a blog post, according to some news articles, here they are right here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernandez/oregon-college-shooter-profile#.gq237NpWG
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/us/chris-harper-mercer-umpqua-community-college-shooting.html

and it says here he admired Elliot Rodger, called him a Hero:http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/10/01/chris-harper-mercer-facts-oregon-college-gunman/

Damn, this seems to be becoming a major crisis in this generation, random killing sprees with a gun seem to be on the rise in recent years.

Also, do you think in this generation, there are more adult male virgins today than ever before, more guys being a late bloomer when it comes to dating and relationships than ever before, more and more guys entering their 20's and some even 30's as still a virgin.

Updates:
i wonder why there hasn't been a female equivalent to Elliot Rodger, oh thats right, because women can get laid a hell of lot easier

0|0
6|7

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a mental health problem, not an adult male virgin problem. There are probably many adult men who have never had a kiss, sex or a relationship, but they don't go on killing sprees. Why? Because they are mentally stable.

The guys that do this think they're entitled to a relationship or sex, when they're not. No one is supposed to owe you sex, it's not a right that compromises your ability to survive. Saying that this is the reason is basically shifting all the blame onto the girls that rejected them for not being interested, instead of focusing on the actual individual who committed the atrocity and took the lives of people who didn't deserve to die.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the main problems are not having a proper mental health care system or health care system to begin with. In the great USA you're actually more worried about how much it's going to cost you than how detrimental something is to your health, that's really sad. Another reason is our stupid media and people who give them attention. That's what the gunman want, to feel important for once in their life and the media gives them the attention they so desperately desire. Last and most important, our super lax gun laws. Why is it so easy to get guns? It's a deadly weapon ffs!

1|1
    0|0
    • also, ofcourse most of the shooters are going to be socially inept, they are socially inept because they are crazy and no one wants to be friends with a psycho.

• Yeah the health care is shit. I have a mix of adhd/autism. It's like a serious war with what they will cover and pay for vs. what they won't. When I see the gynecologist they will cover any emergency seeings. If it's a check up they won't cover that at all. -_-

What Girls Said 5

• Wait... are you trying to blame this tragedy on women? lmao that is the most irrational thing I've heard in LONG time hahahah

Pussy cannot cure sociopaths. Sorry, but that's just a scientific fact lol.

0|2
    0|0
    • Fair point. But women can control sociopaths to a large extent. Psychologists, Psychiatrists and care takers especially women have succeeded in doing so. e. g hulk? ;)

• Show All
    • well what i'm saying is women are less likely to do this because it goes to show you that women can get sex much more easily than men can

• Based off of what? Your expert analysis? Lol

There are no proven or tested correlations between the ability to aquire sexual favors and shooting up a school. So, if you have a hunch based on your feelings that's one thing, but it's just not scientifically or statistically accurate. So... if you believe in your suspicious feelings, you sound a irrational is all lmao. Guess there's nothing wrong with that

• Disgusting troll

1|0
    0|1
  • I just think there's a lot of underlying health issues to want to do that, which could link as to why he was single too.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would think more in past histories people were mostly forced to marry others. Though that ended over 100's of years ago.

That's a really stupid reason for some people to do that. Kill others just because you can't get a gf/bf. If they want to kill themselves over it they should seriously do it alone and leave everyone else out of their sad lives. Though they apparently are attention whores and want everyone to see them do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Adult male virgins aren't the problem. Misogyny is the problem; Mercer and Rodger are violent misogynists

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Are you implying that women should just pity fuck angst ridden dudes to prevent tragedy? How fucking pathetic could these guys possibly be? This is so damn sad and embarrassing as a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • A girlfriend is not going to fix that level of fucked up mentality.

2|0
    0|0
  • wouldn't surprise me, people are less social in this generation due to cell-phones/texting and the Internet, video-games, thats a major factor i bet

1|0
    0|0
  • no, it has nothing to do with them being virgins

0|0
    0|0
  • Bring in the gun control policy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Killing because they're frustrated is nearly 'normal' in a country with a lot of guns and a lot of frustrations and parents spanking children to make them obey.

0|0
    0|0