Do you think gun makers should be responsible if one of their guns is used to kill someone?

• Yes they should, their gun played a part in someone getting killed
    15% (4)3% (1)8% (5)Vote
  • No they shouldn't, it's not their fault what someone decides to do with their product
    85% (23)97% (34)92% (57)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|20

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Just like fast food companies aren't responsible for the heart attacks of their customers. It's up to the individual to use their common sense.
    However I think the rules should be stricter for who's allowed to get a gun and who isn't. Psychological checkups regularly and such. Well, a bit too late for the US there but still.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope they should not be, it is not their fault when people abuse their product. Only the person using the gun should be at fault not who made the gun. That is like saying should car manufactures be responsible because people drive dangerously, crash and kill people while driving a car the car company manufactured.

1|4
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Guns are made for the sole purpose of killing
    The person who killed he person should be held responsible, but it would not have happened if they didn't have access to a gun in the first place

0|1
    1|4
    • What about what I said is not true? Why are people voting me down?

• in one piece the King of the pirates Gol, D, Roger conqoured the Sea and when he was exacuted anyone that had anything to do with him was hunted down and killed. Tom the person who made his Boat was almost exacuted but was given a chance but instead used the second chance he was gifted to save his friends and took the punishment for making a boat for a guy. its not fair.

0|1
    0|0
  • How about knife makers, baseball bat makers, pillow makers, hammer makers, duct tape makers...

0|1
    0|0
  • Short answer is NO.

0|1
    0|0
  • Um no
    Filler

0|1
    0|0
  • No they shouldn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, no blame... not unless they inappropriately issued a gun to someone who shouldn't have it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• There is such extreme ignorance about this subject. The irony is that the people who actually know about guns are on one side. And the side that knows virtually nothing at all about them, have their minds made up and absolutely refuse to listen to those who do know. It's not 100% split that way, but it's close to it. Most of the anti-gun people know nothing about guns, yet insist they know enough to push their will on everyone else. They deny facts - not opinions but facts. They completely refuse to listen. It all falls on deaf ears.

1|1
    0|0
  • if we don't chase down the dealers when someone dies from a drug overdose (and that's largely an illegal business) i don't see where we could chase down gun sellers for simply selling a legal product.

That would be like suing a farmer because some guy ate a steak and had a heart attack

0|1
    0|0
  • Should the spoon makers be responsible for making people fat?

1|3
    0|0
  • Am I accountable if I sell you a stick of deodorant and you shove it down someone else's throat? Didn't think so.

0|1
    0|0
  • Silverware and plate mfg. cos. Then should be held accountable for obesity too huh

1|2
    0|0
    • I was born and raised in the country. I shot my first gun at the age of 6 years old. I am a firm believer that gun in the hands of an idiot are in fact dangerous, just as a knife or a ball bat. Guns don't kill people ; stupid people with guns kill people. Do your research here. In almost all these school and mall shootings they were gun free zones , why? The shooter or shooters knew they would have no resistance.

• No, this doesn't really make sense when you think about it. If someone was to get in a car accident, the car manufacturer doesn't pay for anything, unless, after a long and extensive legal battle that will most likely cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, shows that the accident was caused by a manufacturer defect then you might see some compensation.

0|2
    0|0
  • Only if car makers should be responsible if their cars are used to kill someone.

1|4
    0|0
  • No it isn't their bloody fault. I'm all for restriction of certain firearms ie: Full-Automatic weapons (I'm sorry but you don't need an AK-47 for home defence). But even if you have to restrict some stuff it still doesn't make the ones who make the weapons at fault for the work of others. That's like punishing bakers because you became obese from eating too much cake.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitly not their fault... the guns didn't do anything the people only turned it into a weapon to destroy others lives.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gee, will this apply to Car makers? Junk Food makers? Baseball bat makers if their bat is misused? Damn shysters are like vultures already...

0|1
    0|0
  • We all know "guns don't kill people, rappers do!"

0|1
    0|0
  • No that wouldn't work

But somone needs to be held accountable for the extremely extremely high gun murders in the USA...

The constitutional rights need to change, and I don't really care about the bullshit about not being to change it... the government already does whatever it want... and also dont care about the bullshit excuse people give about its for protection

Countries seem to be safer when people DONT have the right to bear arms... so its bullshit that its for protection

0|1
    0|3
  • WHILE WE'RE AT IT, WHY NOT BLAME AMERICA FOR CREATING FAT HEART-ATTACK-INDUCING IDIOTS?

Don't blame the weapon master. Blame the holder.

0|1
    0|0
  • no, they have no control over what people do with their products. they just make it in the hope that people would use it responsible but that doesn't always happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. A firearm is an inanimate object, it's the person using it with ill intent that's at fault. The gun makers are just doing their job to produce them for end users, regardless of the user's intent and state of mind when using the gun.

0|1
    0|0
  • No hate the product not the maker.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. That's ridiculous.

A gun can be used for good or bad. Gun makers have no control over the morality of the general population.

0|1
    0|0
  • that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard

0|1
    0|0
  • probably not cuz the gun did what it was designed to do - kill someone.

0|1
    0|0