How do you become mentally stronger?

How do you become mentally stronger?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have a rule. A principle. Keep it extremely simple and straight forward. Try every single day to keep it. If you can truly keep one principle then it will become the foundation of you mental strength. It will be you anchor against everything that try to shake you.

Be specific, clear and simple but broad enough to be a rule instead of an order. "I will eat an apple a day" will not be as useful as "I will always think before I speak"

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't give af about what others think. BE happy with yourself. If someone have a problem with that, that's their problem, not yours. LOVE yourself. Take a big mirror, write positive things about yourself on a sticky note or something, whatever that may be and stick it to your mirror. When you look into it, actually BELIEVE those things.

What Guys Said 48

• Grow older. It happens naturally. That's what growing older means. You work out as many bugs as you can, and quit worrying about the rest. How many older people do you know who are insecure and lack confidence? Probably not many.

If you want short cuts. Just quit caring about what others think. You can't please everyone so don't bother trying. Much of self judgement results from others' expectations, or more precisely, what you think their expectations are. Don't hold yourself to others' standard. And don't set your own standards too high.

You are what you are. That will include both good and bad. Accept it. You can want to change things about yourself, but don't judge yourself for it. Never judge yourself and never judge others. You can discern, but not judge. Discern means that you recognize things as something you'd like to change. Judgment is more of a condemnation of the self as a whole. Never ever condemn yourself.

But mostly it comes with time. Mentally strong is a strength. Like muscular strength it becomes stronger over time through use.

• There are many ways I can think of

-the natural way : Have lots of sh*t happen to you so that you quit caring about how you feel (I recovered from this fortunately and don't wish this to happen to anyone- it was real bad)

-The principle of auto-suggestion : Imagine yourself in a position where you have to deal with difficult and challenging situations and play it through in your mind (You need to do this every day for 30 minutes at least)

-Try to rationalize the bad things that happen to you : Why am I even hurt by it if there's nothing I could have done about it? - Rationalize your own feelings (but don't overdo this really - I did this to myself and I was emotionally numb for a long time)

My best advice however : Allow yourself to feel your emotions, whether they're bad or good doesn't matter, what matters is that you accept yourself this way and get used to these feelings

• Time works, but outlook is more important. Understanding that failure is a teacher that when things go wrong it makes you smarter and stronger, you learned how not to do things etc. Reflection and acceptence are key you can't go stronger if your always avoiding the problem and your never going to learn from it if you don't analyze it.

• doing you. you'll see those who laugh with you comeback and ask for opinions. Its learning the difference between enviromnents between you and them.
    Everyone has a different path, and their own mistakes and insecurties no one likes to talk about. Others like to conceal it by going full fuckboy or "hoe". Others juts dont talk about it and go on in life, and take the positive things to conceal them.

Just accept every once and a while, everyone has a lonely feeling (that you vs the world feeling etc). And the friends that were are just temporary "things".

Id say, learn to be independent, learn to finally be the REAL YOU.
    Learn to grow, learn to fall, cause nowadays its seems like all the stress is poured upon us, the new generation. They won't let us CHOOSE, DO, THINK, MOVE whatever, whenever, wherever we want.
    Cause secretely your parents, teachers etc.. are the ones that cause this feeling of vulnerablity (what if i dont succeed, what if i dont find happiness in the things i enjoy the most...).

Like one tip, huge tip:
    whenever you enter a room, or whatever with new people. Dont talk or be the BIG one... it will only backfire.
    Be lowkey, THINK you are better than them. Let THEM talk, you'll almost immediatl point out the weakerlings and the "stronger" ones. Just listen and look, than when asked to talk, fuck em all up.

Just learn to put yoruself first and not friends, i made this mistake to. I have those dark things and chapters inside me too. I gave people i "trusted" a piece of me, and they just left. I gave them my most valuable things:
    -My pride that significies who i am.
    -My time;to waste.

And where are they now? Gone, running away with a "me-clone", so basicly their legacy is my story...

So put yourself first, and go get those close minded fucks

• Thanks for answering 😊

• Whatever causing the mental stresses you need to eliminate them.. Get rid of all the
    bad people who are what i call fair weathered friends.. Ignore all haters cause their
    not worth your time of the day ,, If a guy is causing you stress get rid of him cause deep
    down he's not worth you crying over.. If you not sleeping good , get yourself into a better
    sleep routine,,, Stay away from all chemicals that make you nervous such as colored foods,
    too much caffeine , eat a well balance meals and breakfast is the biggest part meal of our day
    If you have relatives bringing you stress eliminate them from your life

• Thanks, your answer really helped. There have been a few people/situations that have been stressing me out lately

• Your welcome and yes i had to eliminate lot of people out of my life
      that has caused me stress

• Time, physical and mental maturity, with the support of close friends and family, by experiencing hardships and surviving.

• By meeting challenges instead of avoiding them. Basically you have to push through the fear of failure and say "why not?"

• Thanks for answering 😊

• I did it by embracing the "I don't give a shit" mentality. Went from hyper shy to just barely shy/ somewhat indifferent.

• By facing life and dealing with it.
    Although some people have it naturally lot's of our mental strength is because we lived though stuff.
    In my personal life is see the people that have been through the most in life are mentally the toughest. And the ones that have lived a very protected life are kinda fragile.

• Thanks for answering 😊

• There's two ways to become mentally stronger.

1st way: People praise you. They think everything about you is amazing and they adore you. This is the easiest way, but it's also transient.

2nd way: You stop caring about what other people think of you. You alone believe that you're amazing and that's enough for you. This is the most difficult way, but if you succeed, it will last forever.

I got mentally abused and still am mentally abused. So, I don't know if I'm qualified to give an opinion here. I have low self-esteem and social anxiety. But I think these are two relevant methods to becoming mentally stronger.

• I'm just kidding. I don't have low self-esteem and social anxiety. Stop caring about what other people think of you unless they have something positive to say about you. That's the only way to get mentally stronger.

• Ok thanks 😊

• By improving myself and setting myself as the goal and not someone else. Finding yourself can be a long road, I had times where I regret what I did and what I didn't. Nowadays I feel like doing what I want to do, not everything is going well (like some guy who wants to play superior to me, well I just let him and go away fuck dis) but I am happy.
    Mental strength in other terms can also be the strenght in social interactions, outsmarting people and turning into a source of information. Talking to people who do drugs, talking to agressive people and so on without getting in a row. All in one if you are weak you won't really become strong, you can become experienced and maybe start being close to your goal I at least had times where I fell back to my weak self

• Thanks for answering 😊

• Bottom line is that you need to put the effort in. Many are not willing to, they want life to make them the person they want to be rather than putting that responsibility on themselves.

• Thanks for answering 😊

• Take an ice cold shower every morning.
    Make a promise to yourself (other than the shower) and keep it.

Repeat that daily and you will get mentally tougher and disciplined

• Practice, it's like a muscle, the more you train it the better it becomes. It also depends on what type of mental strength you wish to use. Intelligence is easy to train, wisdom however takes quite a bit more time and effort.

• Thanks for answering 😊

• By bouncing back from failures and adversity, and learning form not only your experiences but those of other's.

• Take a good look in the mirror. Your not perfect, but who is? There will always be people better than you and always will be people worse than you in a way. So stop proving anything to anybody. Just be confident with the way you are and always work on things that you want to see change in. Do this for yourself, not anyone else. The satisfaction of realising that fact itself makes you stronger. I speak sense.

• Just spend year after year arguing with opinionated keyboard warriors, and your mind will eventually become as hard as steel. Going through hardships in real life helps too, but arguing with opinionated self pro-claimed "intellectuals" on the Internet is a true test of your patience and sanity, and you are not prone to any physical danger or violence by doing so.

• The same way you get physically stronger, exercise.

• Thanks for answering 😊

• By being positive, keep improving yourself
    Accept your flaws
    You can care about negativity, but don't let it take over, don't let it walk over you

• will and your mental strength is like a muscle, what you have to do is flex it

you can do this by slowly doing new things, getting out your comfort zone and other sorts of stuff just remember that mental strength like the muscle has a finite amount of juice ( action to do something) at any one point so dont push yourself too hard

• Life experiences like heart breaks, learn to lve your self, maintain strong integrity and morals and drink beer.

• Usually starts with the "I don't give a f" attitude. Overall, one has to be straightforward, develop principles, stick to them.

• it might sound crazy but bad experiences make you grow psychologically resiliant if you cope with them well

• I don't know how to cope with them though

• Smash your fears. Do things which you believe are unachievable. When you take the difficult path things that you find difficult becomes easy and that's where you become strong. Not my best answer though.

• Thanks for answering 😊

• The same way you get physically stronger, by going trough things that require mental strength.

• 1|0
  • I wish I knew tbh.. Sometimes I'm really mentally strong. . other times I feel mentally weak, I think experiences help though

• do brain push ups. i'm at 35 max :D. that was the 1st thing i thought of so i went with it.

• What are brain push-ups? Lol

• The actual truth is by facing your problems... That's the only way actually

• Ok thanks for answering 😊

• learn things and play brief games to relax your mind

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 19

• Remember that bad habits die hard, if you get yourself into a habit then it's going to be incredibly difficult to break, so don't get yourself in it in the first place... and it takes a lot of self-discovery too to know your limits, know what your personality flaws are and how to get around them, so you have much to learn but we are always learning about ourselves,. it takes more than 1 human life to know everything, but whatever you find out use it to your advantage. Whatever situations your in or situations you hate being in find a way, and read a lot, read as many books as you possibly can and play games that chalange your observation skills like CSI; Hidden Crimes on Facebook, that one gets me hyper because you have to click as many objects in the scene as you can and you have to remember where they all are (which is easy once you know where), but your then clicking them as fast as your brain can handle lol my quickest on the first scene is 12 seconds lol. It takes work to keep yourself there too.

• Pick your weakest spot and work on it first every practice. Choose the weight lifting exercise you like least and do it right away. Pick the subject you need the most work in and always start with it. If you wait, chances are you won’t want to work on your weakness or you will not give it your best effort.

When we choose the hard things in life we develop mental toughness and life becomes easier. When we always choose the easiest we get weaker.

Good luck.

• Thanks for answering 😊👍

• With humility and mental stretching and proper rest and nutrition - you can become smarter. Eat sesame seeds, blueberries and FISH!!! and consume small quantities of dairy - either in the form of milk or cheese and do research to make sure you get the right type of cheese.

• Being compassionate also helps. Try buying a cat or gerbil and raising it. The more compassionate we are, the stronger we become. Honesty also increases the speed at which you mature as a person.

• Thanks 😊❤️

• Living life. Overcoming the obstacles. Even trying to overcome.
    You get there by time. Once twice never stop trying.
    Accepting yourself. Letting yourself that you can be vulnerable sometimes.
    Most important thing: knowing you are the most important person that you have <3
    And you are perfect with your all imperfections.

• Just like with building physical strength you have to work at it. You jave to be willing to be honest with yourself and make note of the things you need to work on without berating yourself.

• Something that helped me a lot was fighting for I want. I think that is one of the greatest steps you can make because that is when you realise that everything is possible if you believe it and you fight for it, even if you don't get to the end, the process is what makes you stronger. :)
    Also, another thing that helps a lot is just ignoring all the negative energy people can give you, there are lots of jealous people out there that will try to make you feel like crap, you dont need that.

• you wear an iron helmet.. :P or just stop caring about stuff

• Always believe in yourself and never take shit from anyone, no matter what.

• Don't let people bullshit get to you

• How open are you going to challenging yourself? And what is your mind open to?

• Realize that you truly are the god of your own life. Anything you can possibly imagine is possible so long as YOU make it happen for yourself.

Eat well. Enjoy your food with no guilt whatsoever. Take care of yourself. Masturbate often. ;)

Realize there's always a reason to live, and realize that only you can determine how others affect your happiness.

• Through hardships and tears and sweat (your own sweat, not your parents')

• I think you just naturally grow up to be more mentally stronger and smarter. Like were you the same person you were a year ago? No there must be a lot of change. So I guess it's time and jumping all those puddles that makes you a stronger person :)

• Thanks for answering 😊❤️

• positive thoughts in my head

• By getting through tough times

• Fake it till u make it ;)

• Thanks? Not sure why you used the winking emoji

• Don't care about what people

• Learn an instrument! Reading also helps.

• By letting go of material things and learning how to persevere through life's obstacles wit out handouts. You appreciate the simplicity of life when you have nothing left but a drive to survive and rebuild your life. Sometimes it takes losing all you have to discover your mental strength.

• Thanks for answering ❤️