How do I charge my iPhone 4s without a charger?

My chargers keep on breaking, and I have to do all this weird shit to the wires so it charges but I finally lost my patience and pulled the charger head from the cable so I'm wondering if there is a way to charge my phone without a charger. I won't be able to get one for a while, I think.

• Nope, you need a charger
  • Yeah, there is a way (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty sure you need a charger for it. I've never heard of anyone charging one without a charger.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it has a usb port, which it should have, it may well charge from any powered usb port. A usb hub, a PC, etc.

I leave my Galaxy Ace connected to my pc all the time at home. My main pc is on 24/7.

• iPhones use proprietary Apple connectors instead of type B micro USB.

• They have the detachable USB cord on their chargers now from what I understand so you don't need to buy more than one cable. But I am glad everyone else has decided on micro USB type B... which will soon change to the reversible Type C which will be much better!
      As for 3.5mm audio jacks, Apple are going to cut the pole in half to a D shape to make their phones thinner. More proprietary connectors, yay!

• Thanks for MHG!!

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 7

• Get a 20 M steel pole. Attach tour phone to the top and wait for a thunder storm. Or change your religion and pray to Thor, God of Thunder.
    media.giphy.com/media/wJcSauzzjSjEA/giphy.gif

• Isn't there a way you can charge stuff by riding on a bike that's attracted to a battery and wires? Try that.

• I had the same problem with my I 5 , if you are using after market chargers like I was , get away from them. While they will save you a few bucks in the short term , it doesn't save you anything if you have to keep replacing them. I finally went and got the real I phone charger and the problem cured its self

• Ofcourse you can, just plug it in to your machine. It will be a very slow charging process though.

• Get one off Ebay for like 5 quid dude.

• power banks?

• USB cable or a Halo battery operated charger.