Which gender is more picky when it comes to dating?

And give a reason to your answer.

• Guys
  • Girls

Most Helpful Girl

• Overall, the average girl is more picky, since she's more picky about more things though more forgiving about physical appearance.
    But, I would say the pickiest group of all is probably highly successful guys.

• yeah true my friends who easily date girls look fro the prettiest and anything under 8.5/10 is deemed ugly by them , i dont like that and i've showed them more than once

• @HowRUbBuddy Yeah, some people are like that. All the power to them if that's what they want and if they get what they want. I personally think they'll miss out if they fixate too highly on beauty. I just think a lack of balance in general isn't healthy... but whatevs. To each his own.

• @Roostah Oh, for sure... I'm not denying the presence of a universal beauty standard. Agree. But why should anyone care about quantifying it? Isn't it just to hurt people? What good does that do? I don't see the point of unnecessarily hurting people, and I don't think egos are usually that easily inflated. The rich or poor, aesthetic or average male should 100% date what he finds attractive and have his standards. And it makes sense for someone successful or aesthetic to want the same, because it's a balance.

I don't really pay attention to the rating questions on this site, but I suppose if someone asks to be rated with honesty... the people have a choice to rate objectively or subjectively as an individual. Either way is fine in my opinion. I just don't care.

What Girls Said 10

• Guys are more picky when it comes to looks.
    Girls are more picky when it comes to personality, social status etc.

• So why is it when it comes to hook ups/casual sex women have a wwaaayy higher (beyond guys) for physical attraction in terms of who they'll sleep with?

• @Alexious Of course, but this is generally. Mind that we're not talking about the desperate people who will take anyone they can get basically. You see more girls settling a little bit when it comes to looks.

• @Roostah What you said is irrelevant, cause here on GAG there's bazillions of DESPERATE guys, but not desperate girls. We're not talking about desperate people.
      And I don't have this opinion just because I'm a girl, @RedThread said the same thing basically, so there's that!

• When it comes to looks, guys are definitely more picky.

When it comes to anything other than looks, girls are more picky.

I think we can all agree how many women are only valued for their looks first

• Everyone is valued for their looks first, it's what draws you in to a person. But I do agree that we men are pickier when it comes to looks.

• @aledeeurope except that with guys, it wouldn't matter if she has one hell of a personality if she isn't one hell of a hottie. Most guys would not want to settle on the looks Departement, whereas they would be more willing to settle on the personality Departement, if they can get the looks. And then they would complain about girls are all gold diggers... When quality personality isn't a priority in their books... Smh

• Well, it's not so exaggerated, I've seen plenty of very attractive men with average or below women. And also had friends that even told me that their girl may not be very hot but she's amazing and that's why they try with them.

• i think both are equally picky

• I said girls, which I certainly think is true. But I think girls and guys are picky in different ways.
    I think men are more picky with the appearance of the girl.
    The girl is more picky about everything else.

• Guys are picky, they ask out girls who are pretty.
    Girls have to choose out of of them since they usually don't make the first move.

• I think the differences from one woman to the next or from one man to the next are much bigger than the differences between men and women. Some people are just really arrogant or selective and some people are just really laid back or unpicky

• Pretty picky.

• I think girls are pickier.

• I feel like guys are more picky when it comes to looks, at least in their high school years. Girls tend to look for personality as well.

• Guys are the most pickiest, women are always told to get a guy who has a good personality and go for a guy who we don't find our type. And when women do Go for the so called good guy he turns out to be an asshole sometimes and we get blamed for it

• Bitter? xD

• @AleDeEurope I'm not bitter
      Men like to put attractive men down and claim that attractive men are the only assholes

What Guys Said 16

• I voted for girls. It feels like girls have a much bigger and longer list of things that are deal breakers than guys do. Many girls are also rude and crude about rejecting men, many guys are polite and kind about rejecting girls.

• I know it does vary between genders a bit but the way I stated it is what I have personally seen with my own eyes.

• I think guys are pickier in dating because only a high-quality lady can make a guy willfully cease his pursuit of other women. In other words, a girl needs to show why she is worthy enough to make a guy want to give up his vaginal pursuits: such a standard is may be too harsh for some ladies.

• When it comes to dating, girls are pickier. I always say this: most guys want a girl who's pretty and nice, the rest is just bonuses. Most girls on the other hand want a guy who has money, confidence, ambition, leadership, intelligence, looks...

• I've seen worst of both worlds.

• This is just going to be a generalization so don't take it seriously..
    I think most guys are more picky about youth and beauty
    I think most girls are more picky about social status

• Guys are pickier about who they commit to. Girls are pickier about who they'll hook up with.

• Definitely girls / women!

Guys talk a big game about they want xyz... but they take what they can get in the end game. :-P

• Well considering that it's harder for guys to land dates the answer should be obvious...

• Exactly. how many cam sites do you know have women throwing money at a guy to watch him jerk off?

• Guys are when it comes to looks since we will deal with her personality to some extent but girls are just as picky with these things at times too so it's pretty close in this

• Actually women are more picky than guys for casual sex. They lower physical attraction when they seek LTR. i. e. Not that attracted to you physically but she likes your personality or what you can do for her.

• @Roostah your totally right about that now that I think about it, I just figured we were kind of picky with looks too since we are so visual but I guess they are worse

• How many times did you see an ugly girl with a good looking guy? Now how many times you saw the opposite.

• Men choose mostly on looks, women are picky on everything, including looks. So I voted girls on this one.

• The third gender.

• Girls obviously because they get more attention from guys than vice versa.

• Dating: both are equally picky

Casual sex: girls are more picky

• Women are. Psychology and all you know..

• How attractive the person is is far more important than their sex. Everyone is as picky as they can manage to be.