Legalizing marijuana?

• Yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The pro's outweigh the con's.

So yes.

The government can tax it like tobacco and make profit which can then go toward other things.
    It gets rid of dealers, it has little to no negative effects. No-one has EVER died from smoking weed.

Yet, alcohol and tabacco smoking kills thousands a year. Why are they legal? Tax.

It has medicinal purposes, it can help cure depression. It DID cure my depression in 2012.

There are no cons, apart from ignorance.

• the power of weed! :D

• People are stupid. No-one is making you smoke it, why are people so uptight and negative.

It benefits the economy, therefore it is benefitting YOU. People need to learn their facts.

I forgot another point: crime rate drops in areas in which it is legalized. Surprised?

One sided argument, all pro's, no cons.

Taxed money can go toward other things like maintenance of roads. In England our roads are piss poor. Pot holes everywhere.

• sounds like a good place to live lol jk jk you do have a lot of good points.

What Girls Said 8

• this world is so sad. -.-

• Marijuana should be illegal.
    Drugs should be illegal except the ones that are sold in para pharmacy or the prescription drugs.
    It should be illegal because of its adverse effects.
    According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, there were 455,000 emergency room visits associated with cannabis use in 2011. A literature review said that heavy, long term exposure to marijuana may have biologically-based physical, mental, behavioral and social health consequences and may be "associated with diseases of the liver (particularly with co-existing hepatitis C), lungs, heart, and vasculature.
    I may be wrong, but most of those who want marijuana to be legalized aren't aware of its health consequences and they want it mainly for the purpose of getting drunk.

• I don't know were you got your info from but as a user of marijuana I could tell you that im free of hepatitis, I could run a long distance, also I perform way better in academics, socially as well. it does effect the mind but it also open your eyes. I guessing you never did smoked

• Yeah, I mean I personally don't care but I think countries like the Netherlands are the best example that it can work pretty well.

• Literally no bad would come of it.

• I'm not for it.

• No. People are not capable to set the limits.

• I personally don't care.

• I don't smoke but I think drugs like marijuana cocane and bad drugs and cigarettes are bad because drugs like that harm people and bad for people to have

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, it's plain stupid that it's illegal. First of all, the entire law on it is just plain dumb, even growing hemp is illegal, hemp has no effects if smoked and it's one of the most useful materials in the world. Secondly, the class of drugs that weed is classified under is ridiculous. Third, the entire reason it was made illegal in the states was because it reduced the protests over the Vietnam war (protesters would regularly smoke weed while protesting and so they made weed illegal to give the police an excuse to arrest the protesters).

• I'm on the fence, but I voted yes because I generally lean in that direction, and I wanted to see the results.

• I don't smoke but I do think it should be legal.

It would be more regulated/safer and it could be taxed.

Also I don't think the legality really prevents people from using it. It's not like making it legal will drastically increase the amount of pot smokers, all it will mean is the people who already smoke will be buying it at legal dispensaries instead of shady drug dealers.

• Definitely. If alcohol and cigarettes are legal then weed should be too, tax it and commit resources to policing it elsewhere.

• Think of the children. Won't somebody please think of the children?

• Legalize it all and put dealers out of work, make all drugs safer, make asking for help easier, tax sales to assist help programs... The benefits are undeniable!

• I don't smoke it myself but I think it would be better overall...

• Yes and no

Would be nice to have easy access to it but at the same time we dont want to encourage people to smoke it... it correlates to many negative issues

Unlike booze, booze in moderation does nothing, a drink a day really will not change your mental or physical state... but getting high everyday will lower motivation, short term memory loss will occur a etc

Yes and no... tuff call

• No on the sole basis of I don't want everywhere I go to smell like ass...

• Yeah, as if that was one of the major concerns going on in todays world.

• No, I don't think it shoulf be legal. I don't want strong alcohol to be illegal either. Drugs kill and destroy more lives than guns all the time... Just throwing that out there.

• "guns dont kill people. cops kill people..."
      -Tommy chong

• *I don't want strong alcohol to be legal either. Typo.

Cops? I never said anything about cops, but alright. You need to understand that most cops are good people. Yeah, accidents happen, and bad cops do exist. Facts. But most are good and genuine people. Police brutality is extremely exaggerated.

• If you legalize this drug then you're gonna be opening the question to some of the others aswell. I'm not pro or against this drug in particular but most of the drug laws are outdated and out of touch with modern day society.

• I want to legalize them all: marijuana, heroin, methamphetamine, Lysergic acid, etc.