I feel like a loser? Am I?

I just turned 19, I graduated a few months ahead of my class bc I wanted to get a full time job and save money before college.
I got my first job but the pay was AWFUL, and the job conditions sucked. I quit, as did a couple of my coworkers, for the same reasons.
That was only after a couple months.
That was at the beginning of the summer.

Then I spent the next couple months goofing off, I had the best summer of my life so I don't regret not working. But when August rolled in it was time to get serious for school so I did, I was enrolled in a university but long story short there were some issues and I can't start until January now.

I've been looking for a job since August, no luck.. and all my friends are doing school and work and I'm not, so I don't have as much as a social life as I did. I was constantly out before, now I'm home on a Saturday night, which is typical for me now.

I know exactly what I want to study and what career I want, but I'm currently 19 and broke, I live at home and don't have much of a social life atm so I just feel like a huge loser.

I'm working on getting towards my goals but right now I feel so bad about myself 😞

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless you are born with a silver spoon your are living the college dream of being 19 and broke. Even with a job your not making much as usually you work part-time to have time to study etc. Enjoy the relax time and be prepared for the long hours school and working does to the mind. It's a grind. Your not a loser unless you end up not going to school.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you will be busy pretty soon. If you are bored write something on a computer. It's a good practice and release yourself. All writers are like your situation. If you really need some money than make some by working at the mall or something? Pay is awful but job is job. Get a job in coffee shop. Or resaurant? Or catering be creative there are lots of job you can do it too temporary.

What Guys Said 8

• You could just go and find yourself a rich boyfriend. Anyway, there's not many people who don't live poorly in college. Don't be ashamed to live at home while you are reaching towards your career. Ask for help. Maybe your parents know someone who can give you a job.

• 😑 no thanks to your first suggestion, thanks to the rest

• Mhmm, Well, from personal experience there is nothing you can do about the social life thing, Just gotta deal with it i guess.

But, Good luck finding a job and Uni. Hopefully shit works out for you.

• lol, you don't have a social life right now. it's fine. i finished college and looking for a job (i had a summer job), but i moved back home and we don't have a night life where i live. i mean if you call going to the movies a night life, then i guess so. besides that, i can hang out with my farm animals for fun. you're fine. try to find a job till January. if you can't, then it's whatever cause you'll be in school after that.

• You're a loser cause you keep telling yourself that.

You know what you want and you at least attempted to go get it. You're just having a rough time, but once things go well again you'll be fine. Try to stay positive.

• You are one of the minority of people who are working toward your goals. You had, by your own admission, a great summer. Just keep working. You'll get there.

• Stop worrying, fix the problems ya can and don't be concerned about the ones ya can't.

Not having control of ones mind is what causes the majority of the stress that exists.

• p. m. me because I know what this feels like

• You sound like me

What Girls Said 1

• no your not you will probably find a job but it just takes time