Anyone else tired of having to search words up in the urban dictionary to understand what people are saying online lol?

• yes, what's wrong with proper English terms/words
  • no, I invented a couple slang terms

Most Helpful Girl

• yessss guilty. Kids these days have so many new goddamn slang words, I definitely find myself checking what they mean on urbandictionary on my phone so that I can somewhat follow what they even mean.

What Girls Said 2

• its alright... i learn new things everyday

• LOL I thought only I look up to Urban dictionary for such things :P

What Guys Said 5

• Basic slang doesn't bother me. Slang has always been around. Language changes over time. If slang stays in use long enough, and is used by enough people, then it becomes a regular part of the vocabulary. I don't think vocabulary or grammar either one should be forced in one direction. It has to remain dynamic and evolve.

Of course it can go too far. To the point that it's not even understandable. But looking up a word every now and then isn't a big deal.

As for Urban dictionary. Yea it's useful. But it can also be a freak show at times.

• Luckily I'm pretty well versed in the perveted stuff. But remember having to look on "on fleek" and gay stuff that the popular kids say on Twitter.

• No, I find it fun/funny. Urban dictionary is great. The definitions are often painfully accurate.

• 90% of the time I understand the slang based on how it was used. But yea, it's annoying the knew slang that's actually being passed on to webster...

• Yeah, sometimes hah