Snake or spider as a pet?

I can't decide. I have no experience with exotic pets, only cats. So I'm thinking of a corn snake or tarantula spider.

• Snake
  • Spider
  • Eww!
  • Neither
  • Both

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for the snake, though make sure you educated yourself on all it needs to survive beforehand. A terrarium and all the electricity will take up space and cost some money.
    And why do you want a snake or a spider in the first place? Do you just want it because you think it's cool? If the answer is "yes" then maybe you shouldn't get one..

Most Helpful Guy

• A well fed boa constrictor may have no personality but it will "like" you due to your body heat and tame to your handling. It will tuck its tail into your pocket or belt loop and its head will end up on your shoulder against your neck, where it can stay warm and survey the scene. I routinely handled a 9-footer in the past..

What Girls Said 16

• I've had both as pets, and snakes are much better pets, in my opinion, though I generally don't like corn snakes, and they're not what I'd recommend as your first snake.

• I feel like I should expand on that :P Okay, so if you're looking for your first snake, you want something that isn't aggressive or difficult to handle and isn't too fast - corn snakes are generally quite fast and they're also not the most friendly of snakes, from what I've experienced. They're cheap though, and their colours are beautiful, so in that regard, they make great pets. But, personally, I would recommend investing a little more and going for a ball python or a rosy boa, they're much wider than corn snakes, but they also tend to be much slower and aren't quite as nippy.

• Neither for me. I wouldn't get any kind of satisfaction from owning such pets other than maybe seeming "cool" or more interesting to other people for having unusual/scary pets.

• I'd personally choose a snake. Snakes are cooler than spiders in my opinion.

• I voted A.

• I would love a snake. <3

• Snakes are cool, but I don't think those types of animals are meant to be pets. I just find it very sad to keep them caged all their lives.

• Snake is better, I hate spiders :P

• A snake. I'd never ever keep a pet spider.

• I'd say neither cuz none of them are meant to be pets, they are wild animals and they are meant to be in the wild

• If they are bred in captivity they will die in the wild.

• I am completely against animal captivity. I think that if people would stop supporting that, would be different, instead of making more zoos and stuff like that I think there should be more wildlife sanctuaries where you can offer rehab for those animals that need to be in the wild.
      of course is very hard to do that and it might not happen, but I'd rather not support it, specially having exotic animals as pets, I would feel really bad for them

• I would pick the snake

• Oh I love snakes!! They're so beautiful :)

• when i was younger i wanted a snake as a pet
    so i chose A

• I'd go for the snake then

• Get a snake! Spiders are creepy.

• Corn snake are actually kinda cute. I hate spiders, so I would never vote for that. They are interesting creatures, but out of sight, out of mind. I don't want to see them lol.

• Neither, your snake will eat your cat and your cat will eat your spider

What Guys Said 6

• Neither! They both creep me out! :P

• Spider. Those guys are far more useful since they're gonna keep the house clean of other bugs whilst not bothering you in the slightest.

• Snake snake
    around my neck, on my shoulders :)

• If I had the option, I'd choose a snake.

Spider will betray u

• I wouldn't have either

• none of them are my fave , but if i really have to choose , tarantula