What advice would you give to your 17-year-old self?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't take a year off after high school you won't save the money like you said you would! Flirt with the cute blonde boy who plays cello, even though all the other girls have crushes on him trust me you have a chance. By the time you are 20 you will be living with that boy anyway so you might as well get him sooner and save him from the emotionally abusive relationship with the psycho girl before you!

What Guys Said 27

• "I know it's 1996 and that look is hot in the streets, but maybe wear your jeans a little less baggy."
    top-10-list.org/.../Baggy-Jeans.jpg

• I would say
    - "Life is full ups and downs, there will be both difficult and happy days. if you have difficult days never ever think it will last forever, but when you have a happy days don't get carried away, stay grounded"

- "Have the courage to live a life true to yourself, not the life others expect of you"
    - "With regards to the opposite sex: If you look hungry, you’ll starve."
    - "Stay away from drinking, smoking and other bad habits"
    - "Never make someone a priority who only makes you an option"
    - " When it comes to selecting your life partner open your eyes wide before choosing and shut after wards"
    - "Plan before others do"

etc

• Don't hate yourself, keep your head up, don't despair, and don't try to kill yourself with a gun. (I remember that night too well) and don't worry - things have a way of working themselves out

• I'd say: "Quit being a fucking turd and enjoy life you little shit! It's going to get way worse after you leave high school."

• Implying that high school is the best years of one's life...

What if one has been completely ostracized socially by the high school population and was unable to find a group of friends or dating/hookup prospects/opportunities even when he or she tried to put him or herself out there?

• @R3d_Anonymous That was me, and I was too much of an emo jerk as a teenager to not put myself out there more and actually enjoy myself more. I had plenty of opportunities and I was too blind to see them until years later. I know high school can be rough, I'm just saying I made it unnecessarily hard for myself by being such a stupid kid back then.

• Go run fatty, and keep on studying because it's going to be worth it.

• If it was me I was advising:

Fix up you little ****, get off your lazy *** and do some work?
    Stop Watching the Big Bang Theory, you've seen that episode already!
    Read a book! Learn your times tables!
    Aquire knowledge!
    Go to the temple more often and train!

Oh to be 17 again... good times!

• 1) get out more
    2) take your education more seriously
    3) date more
    4) start learning a language
    5) travel more

• Dear, my 17 year old self, aka present self
    You need to stop worrying about making other people happy and you should focus on making yourself happy.
    Bye, love Justin

• Don't be so galdamned awkward around the opposite sex, enjoy school and learning while you can before you have to work the rest of your life.

• Break up with that crazy girl pronto.

• Don't be too cynical about people in general, sometimes they just don't realize how ridiculous they're being.

• Stop being such a loser, get your shit together and ASK THAT GIRL OUT YOU MORON.

• Put all my money into Apple shares. Sell them when Steve Jobs die.

• make facebook, instagram, whatsapp

• 'Be ready for a rough year, but it will be worth it'

• Driving licence is awesome as we expected high five my 17 me version 😂

• Dont date Jenna! just dont!
    and ask Janice out instead!

• Be more active
    Take more chances
    Dont be that shy
    Take more risks
    Believe in yourself more

• take better care of your friends and don't be so introverted...

• to smash that girl malina when she wanted it. because now days she isn't so easy and is way hotter than before

• Grow a pair ya pussy. LMAO

• are you only 17 old? lol, good pretty but I always dated Girls 17-20 old, because I'm Deaf, nice meet you're a Shy.

• Uh is that an answer to the question or what lol 😂 but yes, I'm 17.

• Lol what da hell

• Lol because are u too young. ;) too Later.

• Kill yourself, it doesn't get better.

• Try to exist!

• "Don't be depressed, you silly faggot... Get off your ass and study for your exams"

• Go college join the military do something

• Talk to girls. Don't be afraid of girls. Become irreligious, but believe in God.

What Girls Said 19

• Here are those thoughts, spoken to teenage Ellie;

Push yourself to be bold consistently. Always be thinking about how you can be the owner, rather than the victim in all situations.

Whenever I did something that I was nervous about doing and came out of it alive, like giving a talk in front of ten and over two thousand people, the sense of joy and confidence that came from that was glorious. The more of this you do, the more rapidly you will gain in confidence.

Boosting confidence through courage is more manageable in smaller steps. Each step will be uncomfortable.

Money should be the main focus

Talking about money is taboo. Being interested in making money and keeping it in your life is taboo. The world is organised in such a way that those that take action to make money will get money.

...

• -Be patient with your family and be careful of your words
    -Take care of yourself better. It's not just about superficial society, but you feel better when you look better and it often involves being healthier which is always a plus.
    -Dream but also do. Procrastination will be your biggest enemy later on, don't start now. Senioritis is an excuse
    -These good high school friends you have now, keep in touch with them even if you go to far away universities from each other.

• These are the advice i would give to me 17 yro self:

- dont date your classmate who turned out to have a son.

- break up with your boyfriend, he's a dick

- study more you lazy ass

- In 4 months you'll spend tons of your parents money on college that you wouldn't attend in 2 years so dont be stupid and think about going there

- dont go to the dermatologist your friend recommended you. Instead to the one your mum recommended.

- start saving and stop wasting your money on stupid things

- nxt yr you'll meet someone who's going to ruin your and your familys life.

Yea these are the only advises i can think of atm

• savor time with your bff's because they are the bestest best friends anyone can ask for and they really care about you
    do not wear the thickest dress you have for graduation practice because it was hot as hell
    make sleep a priority because when you started college your sleep schedule was beyond screwed up
    learn to study and take notes effectively

• Don't just go to college because you want a degree, actually think about what you really want to do with your life and wait to go to college once you figure that out!

• I would tell her to focus less on the drama of her friends and study harder oh and also to never join Gag, no matter how bored she is, because that shit is hella addictive 😅

• Dear Past Luka,
    Do NOT get the rod. That's a bad idea. It'll screw up your period and your sex life.
    The pill will be far better.
    Sincerely, Current Luka.

• Time to take your life seriously, you can always have time for fun, but just know the correct time to :)

• Go out more and stop focusing too much on GPA to the point of getting nearly obssessed with it. Life is short.

• and off course do not take an AP class other than just French, don't take chemistry either

• "Drop those bitches today. Talk to brad."

• "It hurts now, but you'll get over this. And him."

• I am 17 so...

• Get a fucking job loser, haha

• Leave these boys alone

• Don't fall for that smooth-talking bad boy. He's gonna break your heart into a million pieces!

• What you had achieved will benefit you in the future.

• Don't talk to that guy!! You will regret it.

• Man I really needed that anonymous button...

• I'm turning 17 few weeks later <3 I will tell myself to appreciate everything I have now.