What's your view on Beauty Pageants?

Most Helpful Guy

• those where little children compete: pretty much child abuse.

"adult" beauty pageants: superficial crap.

What Guys Said 8

• Not really a fan of them. I'm against ANYTHING that emphasises the importance of looks over other aspects of a person.

• They're fine, as long as society knows what really matters, and that the value of a person is more than just skin deep.

• I am not attracted to the women who get all done up and present themselves. I like a lady who is a regular girl without "all" the make-up (some is okay) and a simple tank top and shorts.

• I think they're wrong. Personal accomplishment should be celebrated. Winning the genetic lottery isn't a personal accomplishment

• I can tell you working in remote sites surrounded by guys. Beauty pageants are smokey watched by woman to judge each other. If it's woman beach volleyball and miss America is on we will watch woman's beach volley ball. I don't think I've ever watched a pageant in my life. Also mothers who make their daughters do pageants are insane

• World peace!

• They are awesome, a bunch of pretty girls in nice dresses and bikinis :)
    sounds good to me =)

• So pretty but so dumb. Whatever, dating them would be like dating in highschool.

What Girls Said 1

• a friend of mine did some and she had fun, good for her.
    The fact that it's only about beauty is a bit ridiculous. Also I don't like the criteria of such contest. In France, women who do beauty pageants look like models. Does that imply that short, or slightly curvier women are not beautiful?