The United States and all of its citizens, businesses, and money have disappeared! What's the biggest difference between that world and the real one we're stuck in?
Most Helpful Guy
1) The entire world will go into a economic depression. Almost every single develop nation's economy are tied in with that of each other (credit, loans, debt, holdings, investments and etc). If you eliminate one of those countries then huge shift will occur worldwide. If America disappeared it will cripple majority of the nations in the world, especially China, Canada, Japan and the UK.
2) War will occur on a global scale. Without America playing as the international police and providing military assistance to weaker nations then war will surely occur. North Korea and South Korea will most likely resume their war. China will go after Japan and Taiwan, Russia will slowly try to work its way into Eastern Europe until it runs into Western Europe forces. Africa will go to hell in a handbasket and the Middle East region will go from bad to worst.
3) Food prices will instantly go up, as America is a larger producer of a lot of the world's food not to mention international food trades will be interrupted which will jack up the prices even further.
4) Oil prices will go down since the largest buyer of oil (America) is no longer around. This will affect Russia and middle east big time.
5) Many American companies will cease to exist.
6) Smartphones will stop working worldwide as they are all American made and operate on American satellites along with American GPS.
7) The Internet will go dark until another country re-routes the connections.
8) Panic will occur as people try to figure out how the citizens of an entire country just instantly vanish. This will definitely cause a surge in religious membership as people seek comfort and reassurance that everything will be alright.
9) A power vacuum will be left in the world along with a deserted landmass with plenty of resources (formerly America). Ownership to this land will surely be the cause of WW3, WW4 and probably WW5.
The world will essentially be fucked up for the next century.1