How do I accept being unattractive/ugly?

i have becime depressed and attempted suicide twice because of this so please someone tell me how i can acccept being ugly

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be ugly because i had ugly duckling syndrom. I just accepted it. I said you know, im ugly, im just going to go for ugly girls and fat chicks and be happy. Have fun with it. and you're way more likely to find a personality you like in an ugly person than you are in a attractive person. Not always but usually being attractive you're whole life made it easier to get attention and let them get away with their flaws. Meanwhile ugly people had to be interesting or good conversationalists, etc. just good qualities for people to like them and like to talk to them.

Its true but not always. Being attractive now i notice a difference in conversations with a not so attractive girl vs a attractive girl a noticeable amount of the time. The good looking girl will usually start talking about herself immediately and sometimes the conversation is always about her while a not so attractive girl will ask about you or the guy she's talking to. Or she'll try to make it actively engaging for both of you with back and forth conversation. The reason is because they could get away with it because guys found them attractive and would still like talking to them even though they do that.

So i suggest work on a new skill, try to get good at something thats going to help you in your career or life. Also try to be a good conversationalist and be more attractive personality wise. you'll catch that guy with a personality, you'll have connections and more friend groups, and be happier in the long run. Its okay being ugly, i hope this helps you.

• Also factor in there's people who could find you attractive anyway, your attractiveness could be subjective and would fall into certain guys tastes, there were guys who thought this girl was hot and half the guys thought she was ugly.

Also there's guys who find i guess ugly girls attractive. The girls most people loom at and think are ugly, a guy i knew would say theyre hot or attractive. So I've seen ugly girls be found attractive and get boyfriends.

• *most people look at

Most Helpful Girl

• I've sad to hear that you have such a low opinion of yourself, I used to be the same way. You have to love you, because you were born with you and you're gonna die with you. Please love yourself because you are beautiful the way you are. You just need to work on things, eat healthy and work out if that makes you feel better doing those things, do things that make you happy, wear things that make you feel confident and comfy. Someone thinks you're beautiful, you need to believe it too. Sometimes you just need to look in the mirror and remind you're self that you are a badass. I hope this helped a little. Remember you're a beautiful person and worthy of life💗

What Guys Said 14

• Work on improving the things you don't like, keep fit, eat healthy, but also remember that we are our own worse critic. There will be a lot of people out there who think you're pretty.

• You love yourself for who you are. Just because you think to yourself that you are ugly, doesn't mean someone else won't find you attractive. If you are confident with yourself because you accept yourself, then you will end up being more likeable and enjoyable to be around making you more desirable for guys. Despite what you may think, guys don't put it all in appearance. Yes, we judge on appearance first, everyone does, and maybe some guys put more worth into that than others, but most guys actually want something who they like to be around. The best way to do that is to accept yourself, once you do that you can be more free to joke around and hang around other guys.

• well, work on getting fit, accept ur still in the bad for everyone puberty phase lol and out here in india, I have actually seen women who have been scarred for life or worse, thrown acid at due to some lousy lower class husbands or romeos and yet have learnt to lead life with dignity, so yes, the grass is pretty darn green on your side too. I know it matters a lot less since I am a guy, but I have been told by a lot of people I am butt freakin ugly and also been told by many that I am very handsome, so yes, its pretty relative

• I can relate. You just do your absolute best to change what you can (exercise, hygiene, dress well etc.) and learn to live with the rest. Really though, it's YOUR opinion that is most important, if you can ever get to a place where you can look in the mirror and think, "y'know I look pretty good." then you're getting somewhere. I'm really sorry you're hurting and feeling down about it. I sure hope things get better for you.

• But you probably aren't ugly. Looks don't matter that much. It's the person inside that always matters most. There are a lot of guys about who would much rather have a loving, kind and thoughtful partner that a red hot bitch!!

• You have to push yourself to accept it. It's not a matter of how, it's a matter of how hard. When you push hard enough to accept yourself as you are, you eventually succeed. Think for ten minutes when you go to bed "I may not be that attractive, AND IT'S OKAY". This is how i finally accepted being a socially awkward weirdo, and it has paid off immediately. There is a level of self-confidence that comes with self-acceptance that increases your level of charisma.

• Think that beauty is relative and you'll sure find someone who won't find you ugly.

• I'm very insecure about my looks, so I know how you feel... but I think one of the things you'll realize in life is.. some people will think you're extremely attractive and others will think your meh/ugly... others won't care as long as you're a cool person, most people don't care about looks when it comes to friendships and even relationships

but we are all good looking/ugly to someone out there.

• being ugly and/or unattractive are allways relative. you can get a lot more attractive simply by not thinking that way.

• no you can't. stop it. i have seen ugly people get no attention but thats becasue they dont care

• i´ve seen a lot of people i found ugly that got a lot of attention, because of their personality. girls and guys.

• There are people out there with way worse problems. I know people dealing with mental issues and your sad because of something so insignificance. Life is about having fun and enjoying your time here. so get out there and make some cool memories lol.

• By being in ma arms 💏

• You're only 15. You might think you're ugly, maybe you are, maybe you're not... maybe you will grow up to be pretty. It's too soon, please be patient on yourself. In high school, I used to think I was the UGLIEST person ever... I was wrong... I grew up to be pretty decent :). I have no issue with girls now.

• Hi Meitachibana, don't get too down on yourself. You're only 15! Who knows, you may well become a late bloomer and be sexy as hell in college hahah. I've seen this happen A LOT to girls I used to go to school with in high school. Try not to worry about things too much because it is that constant worry that cause us to become depressed/sad.

I mean I ain't no psychology teacher or anything, but I do know for a fact that beauty is subjective (learned this in one of my psych class lol). But yeah, try not to worry too much because it can be VERY BAD for your health. Get through high school and see how things go in college. Focus on the traits you like about yourself, it'll make you feel better. Cheer up young lady!

• Best advice would be don't want what others have and don't give a crap of how you look.

What Girls Said 5

• Find your purpose in life, volunteer at an animal shelter. Give your love to where it's needed the most! ( in an altruistic way)

• You need to stop worrying about looks, and start focusing about other things that make you happy.
    Why think about your insecurity when all it does is bring you down? Surround yourself with good people who won't judge based of your physical appearance. Looks aren't everything, what matters is what's on the inside.

• You don't you fix yourself as best as u can to help become happier

• How are you soo sure that you are ugly?

• Yell "I'M UGLY AND I'M PROUD!", just kidding.
    But girly, I'm sure you're pretty.

• i hear this everyfucking time you have not seen me!!! sorry im im rude im just tired of hearing that crap

• ok look dont blame me. I always here about how people say your beautiful when they never even seen you. i have been dealing with this for years i like honesty and blunt people becasue thats what i am. and besides i know im unattractive with the way i have been treate di used to be nice and quite but then people started using me and walking all over me

• i was always friendly then people started usgong me so now i dont talk to anybory