Do I have no talent?

It took me like 10 mins just 2 draw this flower and butterfly :( is it any good?
Do I have no talent?

Most Helpful Guy

• I bet you have talent, but there is often a misconception on talent for art. I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not you have talent for art after this drawing. I can say you have a potential for much more though.

Believe it or not, a lot of art is practice and hard work. When I first started out, I was awful at drawing. However, after practicing many times per week and putting hours into it, you start to develop style and technique. Your lines become straighter and you learn to have a better mind for art.

It frankly doesn't matter if drawing looks good or bad-- just make sure you keep working on art and practicing to get better. Work as hard as you can on each drawing, and don't be worried about time. No matter how skilled someone is at art, drawings take lots of time.

Tips for making art...
    1.) Make at least 3 thumb nails. "Thumb nail?" you may ask. What I mean by that is 3 small sketches of ideas in your head about what you are going to draw (they can be the size of your palm or whatever). Try to explore with what you are going to make.
    2.) Make sure you have a focal point. Make sure you know where you want the viewer's eyes to look when they are seeing your drawing.
    3.) Take your time and start to draw your idea. What I usually do personally is get a rough outline lightly done in pencil so I can make sure proportions are right. You can even use pictures online as reference (not tracing! just to get an idea of what a flower looks like and where the shades are).
    4.) Take a step back every once in awhile and see if it looks right from afar. Drawing up close makes a picture look a lot different than if you take some steps back. Try it out. It helps A LOT.
    5.) Once you are finished, ask yourself what more you can do. Have you done absolutely EVERYTHING you can with it. Are the flower petals shaded? Could you add more detail on the leaf? Are the sizes of each petal differently.
    6.) Put it away for a day or two and come back to it. Ask yourself if there is anything you want to be done. Be objective. If you are thinking to yourself "*sigh* I'm tired of this and just want to be done with it" put it away for some days and come back to it.

Remember, art takes time. That bird one that I did that you saw took multi hours (maybe 36+!). Don't rush. Focus on quality :)

Enjoy, and keep practicing and drawing!

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's pretty awful.

But don't let that be a deterrent. If you truly want to learn to draw, you'll try and try and never stop.

• lol, it's not amazing but I wouldn't say it's awful.

• wow! brutal

• lol that's much better than I can draw. I can't even draw stick figures properly and my handwriting is god awful. lol

What Guys Said 19

• Ha! that's so much better than I can draw! I can't even draw a stick figure with 2 legs the same length! You may not be destined to be a professional artist, but that's pretty good :)

• Talent isn't enough to simply be good at something, even if you are a natural it takes time and practice to become proficient in any skill. You've definitely got an artistic flair, and your art is definitely very good. This isn't a criticism, this is encouragement: keep drawing. Keep getting better, because you can always do better.

• Good art takes time, and your picture looks good.

• Aw really? :) thx!!

• 10 mins on art isn't long, so if you spent longer on it, then it would look even better. But yeah for 10 mins work, it looks nice.

• Looks like something a 10 year old would draw.

• :( :( break my heart. Why don't u? :(

• That is really nice flower and drawing sweetie <3

• The flower looks BOOTYFUL! But the butterfly look like u :/

• it looks good to me... and it would have taken an hour for me to do that without looking terrible.
    you have talent, don't worry ;)

• it's better than anything i can draw lol. i can't even draw a good stick figure. Either way, just because your drawing isn't the best doesn't mean it's not good.

• I have to say that flower is really pretty

• well, its better than what i could come up with... but that isn't saying much.. ha

• Zell that flower is legit beautiful

• Do yourself a favor and take some art lessons.

• its way better then i can draw

• It's better than I could do

• i wish say '' its the best flower and butterfly ever seen '' its not but nice :D

• Thank you!! Nice is good enough 4 me cuz my drawing skills suck

• so keep drawing on you ll be better i saw the spark :D

• Its great really :)

• It's better than what I could do

• there is something more important thantalent. dedication. if you are persistent enough you can do miracles. you can create history.

• I wouldn't say you have no talent but your talent may not be in drawing. It's like by drawn by an 1o year old. You could practice more and improve your drawing.

What Girls Said 5

• I am going to be honest with my opinion.. I am not going to be fake and tell you nice things if its not true... Your drawing is not that great... Its a very simple drawing that even a kid can draw. But don't you worry!!! If you keep drawing you can improve your drawing skills... Practice makes perfection!!! I'll rate your drawing 3/10

• that flower is cute.. but DAMN DAT BUTTERFLY!! LOL.. she is anorexic.. and why is she wearing scuba diving fins.. i thought they are supposed to fly.. haha..

• No but keep trying

• Ya I think it's pretty good. I'm an artist myself. I like your butterfly. It's stylized

• aw i like it !