Do we see the same colours or we have the same names for different colours?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I read this correctly:

Each of us can interpret colors differently based on our vision, lighting, etc... From that, we can call something of the same color that we are both looking at, like a specific shirt for example, a different name or describe it differently.

In addition, it seems that guys will give basic color names to things more so often than women. Obviously, I'm not trying to say all guys do, but I've noticed more of them will name a color in the rainbow over specifying a name in different shades of that same color; e. g., purple versus lavender, violet, plum, and such.

What Girls Said 3

• I've often pondered the interpretation of colours, but I saw this the other day... It's truly amazing! You know some people have visual hallucinations with music, some people see colours when hearing music, imagine if the same sounds were linked to the same colours?
    www.ted.com/.../neil_harbisson_i_listen_to_color

• i see certaint shades of purple and blue the same as violate

• I think you would enjoy this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evQsOFQju08

• I did enjoy it :D It was a really interesting video, thanks for sharing

• No problem, I'm glad you liked it :)

What Guys Said 0