What does a cat want if it comes up meowing at you?

I know this sounds stupid, but what is a cat usually trying to say?

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be a number of reasons.

It could be:

- I want fuss
    - I want food
    - I want food
    - I'm just going to announce I've just entered the room
    - I know my name and I'm going to reply
    - I really need a poo
    - I don't feel well and something is going to explode out of me

As you get to know your cat you'll learn his/her different meows and what they mean. They'll be different pitches, more or less frequent, maybe accompanied with a certain movement or action. I know when my cat goes into the bathroom (cause it echos) and does a long low ma-roooooooowwww it means "you best let me outside otherwise I'm gonna explode with an unexpected bodily fluid cause I don't feel well"

My cat does like to talk though. He enters the room and meows as an announcement and as you speak to him he replies with meows. You'll get to know him/her soon enough :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "I want all the good stuff now so I'm being cute, but if you try to stop me when I'm digging my claws into the upholstery: I'll scratch your eyes out because I'm really an asshole."

What Girls Said 5

• • Pet me
    • Feed me
    • Let me outside

99% of the time it's one of these.

• I need food, water, or to be pet.

• Food or attention or maybe to go outside

• Probably food or affection.

• It wants to be fed probably. Or petted. Or to leave the room if it needs you to open the door.

What Guys Said 4

• When mine meows it wants either to play or food or let outside. I know the little furball well enough to know when he needs what.

• Food or attention. I don't think there are any cats like Lassie, that are trying to tell you about some kid who fell down a well or anything. I could be wrong though.

• may be it means "hello" in human language

• It wants you to kick it in the face as hard as you can.