Are you trypophobic?

and how the fuck does one develop tryophobia to begin with. i just showed this girl some pics and she almost shit herself.

• ya
  • nah
  • fuck
pathological fear of holes, irregular patterns
im going to lunch guys :P LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, a little bit. Not a fear, but it's a bit unnerving. It makes me uncomfortable but not scared of it.

• have you felt the symptoms of other people in this thread?

itchy skin (arms, legs, stomach)
      headache/light headed
      feelings of vomiting
      loss of breath
      slight stomach ache

• Thank you! :)

• fosho fosho :P

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 27

• Oh gosh, I Googled that shit and I think I might have it now. 😧 Fuck, there was this weird disgusting feel in my heart when looking at those pics. Sorta scary.

• I scratch myself every time I see it, it's awwwwwwfuuuuuuul

• Meh, all that waste of time... not worth it. 😜

• I second this comment, stupidly I googled that shit too and fuck that make me feel sick

• Yes. It's horrible. Most people have it and don't know it. I strangely can't stop looking at it though. I can't stand perfect holes in the human body, even if it's just one.

I just showed this to my mum and she's having a total freak out.

cystbursting.com/.../trypophobia.jpg

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH, I hate it, I can't, it's like, OMGGGGGGGG

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../trypophobia_489444.jpg

Sorry lol

• Definition please.

• i cannot open this question.. cuz there can be some shitty stuff here.. but seems like i am tryo shitty phobic.. :(

• I'm not

Only type of hole that disturbs me is when a person has a hole through their body and you can see their organs, veins, etc.

• I just looked up the definition for trypophobia. First of all, ew to some of those photos I saw. I can only imagine what you showed her, hah. Two, I do not think I have that phobia. I am just grossed out by some examples.

• Lol you do realise that it's all made up thanks to creepy pasta & photoshop, right? 😂

• I hope that's the real legit reason, cause then it would all make sense hahaa! 😂

• I'm not. I actually want to do this make-up tutorial for Halloween.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mjtqhq26jY

• wow I don't have the patience for that and surprisingly it didn't gross me out lol

• *chillin dood"

YES I FINALLY FOUND A PLACE TO SAY THAT! hahaha

• seriously first fucking time you found the opportunity to say that? bahahaa d00d! all the rate me questions!

• You're so mean! Leave your classmate alone 😅 bahahah at least it's one on one man, I thought it was like a class with several people.

• hey we're all sparring here, its all good. im only going 50%! but even at 50% the impact on the temple or nose will be uncomfortable lol. im only helping them get better, which is why I go fast. the bigger guys are lucky I only go 50%, I let them hit me harder, I don't give a fuck, I can take it. but if I went just as hard as they did, fuck I'll get in trouble for being too aggressive probably. im like smiling the entire time though hahaa.

• I don't understand it but that one picture with the holes on the guy's shoulder makes me feel weird like I get this chill. cystbursting.com/.../lotus-pod-coverup.jpg

I don't care about the shapes I care more about the protruding black things

• chill as in like you got grossed out? well I think I know why you get that chill, it looks like he has egg sacs growing inside him. living organisms that are cocooned, waiting to burst out.

• I thought it was a cyborg looking like human and it's his charging port where you plug in a big ass USB cable. See think like this will feel less, creepy.
      Don't think the guys infected with alien worms, and have made history host and are now coming out of him from shoulder! And soon They will infect us all and we will have such holes all over our body, we will be the hive to alien worms... And they will be growing inside our body...
      Told you don't read or think like this... 😂😂😂😂

• Not in the slightest. Odd numbers (apart from 5) annoy me, but I can deal.

• Definition of it?

• pathological fear of holes, irregular patterns

• yeah someone else mentioned they don't like flesh wounds either. they're okay with me, I mean I've seen a lot of gore, I know its not the real thing but it can bring me pretty close to imagination

• I'd puke the moment I see an open would arghh 😩😩 I got cut once by a machine and I nearly throw up if it weren't for the blood overflowing like crazy 😖

• I'm not afraid of the holes but there is some naaastaaay pics of people with infections or whatever & that just looks gross.

• yeah those infection ones are nastyyy. you been gone a while 😂

• your hair is like super cool in it, keep that style if you change it :P lol

• Well I just got it cut like that on Tuesday so I'm glad it looks cool lol. I'll have to have it like that for a while.

• Not to an extreme but I do get quite unsettled.

• Nah don't have it.

• What's that?

• its a pathological fear of holes, irregular patterns. but I find that more people claim to be trypophobic with images that look gross or are disgusting and associate with disease on the human flesh.

• I see. I am not trypophobic.

• I'd say that's a good thing. some girl had to dump her head in water lol.

• It's the thing with lots of holes, right? yeah.. I have it

• Ew I just cringed so hard right now. Thanks 😢😕

• i think i am. even honeycombs...

• if its organic matter that has to do with injury then I think people become more uncomfortable. honeycombs are natural though, they have no effect on me. i suppose it is the pattern that creeps you out.

• FAAACKK BERT!!!

• It's disturbing yet interesting. Yuck.

• Yeah. I can't stand holes, to be honest. :/ they're creepy.

• Yes, it's horrible 😣

• Yeah I am. Makes me cringe

• there are people scared of buttons... shut up buuuurt let the girl be :P

and me personally nah,

• hey! it was unprovoked :P she looked it up all on herself hahaa. I fudged up in my details, I didn't actually show her anything eek!

and that's cool you're not. :D

• No, I am not, but my best female friend is trypophobic.

What Guys Said 20

• There was a question some time ago that showed pictures of triggers for it under something like "What do these pictures make you feel?" I don't remember.

I saw the pictures and was like "ewwww" but other than that I was fine. I'm not really affected by pictures of stuff.

• cystbursting.com/.../lotus-pod-coverup.jpg
    This is nice pic

i.ytimg.com/vi/sgjv8snBgk0/maxresdefault.jpg
    This one is lovely. Look into my eyes girl you will see my love for you.

Loved this one

www.freelargeimages.com/.../Trypophobia-2.jpg
    I have hidden U. S. B ports and a photoshop holes all over my body, hehe I am a cyborg
    ... 😂😂😂.

What do you think...

• still not phasing me hahaa

• if you want lol

• They were so scared after seeing those dead rats cuddling, if they see this 3 pic together I don't think they will ever forgive me. I need sometime to think... I can start with @Kittykatg, she wanted to talk, she said she didn't knew me... Or ever had a conversation

• While you may find trypophobia on the Internet, it isn't an officially recognized phobia and you won't find it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

• that makes sense, I just want to understand WHY people feel the way they do when they see images like that.

• A medical phobia has a specific set of requirements for it to be a legitimate phobia. Just because it makes you unconformable, doesn’t make it a phobia. I suspect your cousin is "self diagnosing", just like a lot of people do. The medical community dose not recognize trypophobia as a legitimate diagnose. She probably as other issues.

• about the phobia part, lets ignore that since you say its not technical yet, im just more interested in the part where she is grossed out by holes itself, I would assume she went through some kind of negative/traumatizing experience to get this way but no it just is what it is, which doesn't make sense lol.

• 0|2
  • I don't fucking understand the trend with this.

1) ask someone if they're trypophobic
    2) they don't know what it is
    3) you explain it's a fear of irregular patterns of holes
    4) you proceed to show them disgusting pictures of people with holes in their skin
    5) they say oh yeah I'm definitely trypophobic
    OF COURSE EVERYONE IS DISGUSTED BY THAT.

It seems like people are failing to realize that if you're trypophobic you are also scared of things like fucking honeycomb, and termite holes in wood, etc.

• I like holes. In my book every hole's a goal dude. 😉

• www.mybizperforms.com/.../...-yellow-submarine.jpg
    "I have a hole in me pocket." 😋

• Nah holes aren't scary lol..

• I was never trypophobic until these terrible people used photoshop to make lotus seed pods and honeycombs look like horrible skin infections.

• i think the "skin infection" part is the only thing that makes it all cringe-worthy.

• I don't fear it but it is fairly repulsive, It's like looking at a blue waffle.

• "blue waffle" so familiar. I think I googled that shit a really long time ago but forgot lol

• HA! Thats old school, check out maggot therapy. You are bound to get freaky tonight ;D

• Apparently I am, I did a google image search, and I'm going to regret it for the rest of the day.

• TO ALL OF YOU WHO POST THAT SHIT IN YOU OPINION, DON'T.

Please don't, for the love of god. It makes people with trypophobia EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and we just want to read what other people think without seeing that stuff.

• Just google searched it and I didn't like what I saw, won't be looking at it again

• urgh... reading the description I first thought no... then I saw the images on google x_x

• Guessing you showed her the images of Lotus Seed Pods photoshopped on people?

Nah, I'm not trypophobic, and really dunno how someone gets that fear, myself...

• actually I lied without realizing I lied hahaa. I asked her if she was trypophobic and she looked it up herself and fainted lol. yeah I want to know how someone became trypophobic

• I'm not trypophbic but I still find it nasty,

• agreed, it is not pleasant to look at, but I won't shit myself either

• I'm going to show this to a couple girls I know one of them is going to pee herself

• wtf made me all itchy just by looking at it

• I'd fuck it

• Just typed it on google, almost threw up