Are you a heavy or a light sleeper? Do you need absolute silence to sleep, but can you sleep with noise?

Most Helpful Guy

• Heavy sleeper. I can sleep with noise, without a mattress on the floor, sometimes sit and sleep on the table or couch etc. I sometimes switch off or snooze the alarms without even myself recognizing what I did (my worry is usually how to wake up). One day in my sleep I was wondering what's going wrong in my body (something disturbing me).. and it was later that I recognized it was a sound -- the sound of alarm.

• Do you need the alarms to get up though?

• Anyway, I have no need for silence. I have slept very well on the floor without a mattress or pillow as well. Loud sounds can wake me up any time, but, it would be very hard to keep me awake -- I would just fall back and be sound asleep in seconds.

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 9

• It literally all depends on how tired I am tbh! Like if I'm really tired it doesn't matter what the scenario is I will pass out. If I'm going to bed at a normal time but I'm only a little sleepy, not absolutely exhausted, sound will keep me awake and I can only fall asleep if it's quiet.

• I'm a really light sleeper and prefer total silence. My boyfriend likes using a white noise machine or his a/c fir noise which is ok to fall asleep but if I wake up for any reason, it's impossible to fall back asleep with the noise going. But I'm learning to adapt.

• Oh even if you worked hard during the day, you'd still have trouble?

• I'll fall asleep when I'm tired noise or not but if I wake up it's tough to resume sleeping.

• Im a light sleeper. Wake up a few times a night. Need a fan for noise and have a certain music track that plays to fall asleep too. High maintenance I know... lol

• after having my daughter i'm a super light sleeper. any noise she makes i'm awake, its awful because I sleep shitty but as long as she's safe its worth it.
    I have to sleep with noise or I have panic attacks -_-

• 'Stop making that noise! Keep it down'

'Ehm.. I'm exhaling'

• I mean I sleep through her snoring and breathing but if she moves or talks in her sleep i'm awake -_-
      hahaha

• i'm a light sleeper and i need silence

• Depended, some days I'm able to sleep lightly other heavily. Of course silence should always be present.

• Heavy sleeper and need silence and my cat.

• It depends on how long I stay awake for, but generally I'm a pretty deep sleeper and considering I can sleep with my earphones on I'd say noise doesn't really affect my quality of sleep.

• I'm a heavy sleeper, I sleep like the dead lols

• xD
      I'd be funny if the next day, you rise like the dead too

• I do I'm like a zombie in the morning

• Very difficult to wake up, and then I look like a corpse, am very prone to groaning, and lack basic motor skills + brain functions in general. It's best to wait until I'm at least washed, dressed, and wearing make-up before trying to interact with me :')

What Guys Said 1

• yes, since you need it..