Anyone else sick of BS expert studies about future tech?

I'm gonna tel you something pretty damn brutal here. Most things we see in science fiction simply isn't possible. We sadly do in fact understand the basics of everyday atoms and how they relate to one another.

Things like worm holes, warp drives, hover cars, anti gravity devices, and deep space travel to another solar system won't happen.

We won't have true A. I ntil we understand consciousness, brain structures and our the billions of connects. THERE WON'T be real thinking robots or A. I for thousands of years or maybe even never.

We won't ever have quantum computers. Why? Because at a quantum level there is too much unpredictability with particals.

Teleportation is basically killling yourself and copying the data. Even them it would take insane amounts of power and maybe a million years for all your data to be collected (Remember you are a building block of trillions of atoms)

So realistically what can get better?
1. Land and air craft vehicles can get better and safer.
2. Better phone technology
3. Slighyl faster computers
4. Better medical tools.
5. Better TV technology
6. Better housing.
7. Better generators.

Hate to say it but the real world is very generic. All the flash science tech in movies will NEVER exist. Lastly, no aliens have ever visited earth because warp drives and space distortions don't exist. No matter how old an aliens race is they are still bound to the laws of physics which is the SAME EVERYWHERE.

RANT = OVER

Most Helpful Guy

• That was an interesting rant, unfortunately you're wrong in many points (not all perhaps). First of all, you claim that the law of physics are the same everywhere. They aren't! Just take neutron stars or black holes; they completely mess up the normal, classical laws of physics. They're so crazy weird that contemporary mathematicians and astronomers can't even calculate what's going on inside of them (particularly black holes). But EVEN IF these things didn't exist, you can't just claim that the law of physics are the same everywhere because you simply don't know. That's like claiming "there's no other intelligent life in the universe". You haven't visited/seen the universe, not even by a long shot. The universe is a very big and sometimes very strange place. There's no reason why in some parts of it (or even outside of it) the law of physics might be quite different. Also, there might be beings who live in a higher dimension to which our laws of physics cannot or can only partially be applied.

Secondly, as for all the future technologies you said won't become a reality: that sounds like a very naive and now-centric view of the world. I study history in my major, so I can tell you that things like what you just said have been said thousands of times before in world history. Nobody ever thought men could fly, nobody ever believed that the earth is round and you can sail around it, nobody ever even imagined many of the technologies we have today. As for wormholes and these kind of things... you might be right that we won't ever be able to use them, even if they exist. But then again, who knows what will be in 3,000 years? Do you really believe that the people in Egypt or ancient Greece had any idea of what our 21st century world would be like? Certainly not.
    And as for more feasible things such as A. I. I'll tell you this: just wait and see. You're 30 now, I'm 27, so we're around the same age. Just wait 50 years and we'll talk again. You will be astonished by how incredibly fast computer and robotics technology will continue improving in the near future. I am convinced that we will be able to experience simple forms of A. I. within our lifetime. In fact, it will happen so fast that our society will be facing some serious, moral and ethical questions related to A. I. You might not believe this but I'm not the only one saying this. Many famous scientists such as astro physicist Michio Kaku say this too. I'm quite convinced time will prove you wrong.

• And I should maybe add that many future technologies are already being researched. German scientists were able to show in experiments that it is possible to teleport particles from one place to another. It will take centuries until this technology will be so well-developed that we can teleport real things with it but this a start. Or, to give you another example, in southern France, scientists are building a huge thing called ITER. It's paid by the European Union and will be the first experimental fusion energy reactor. Fusion energy is the energy of the future. One fusion reactor can produce about 10 times as much energy as one contemporary nuclear power plant, it doesn't need any rare elements and there is no radioactive waste whatsoever. If humanity is able to really create fusion power plants, ALL our energy problems will be solved for centuries to come. We will have limitless, completely green energy.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think is so much that we can't do it, but that the everyday human isn't responsible enough to be given such technology.

Flying cars is a great example. We can't be responsible with vehicles in two dimensions, much less adding a third.

• You're so off. Quantum computers are a reality as is. Look up D-wave. Warp drives are physically possible and theoretically have already been proven. Worm holes are a whole other thing and will take years of scientific advancement to achieve. Hover cars dont really seem that interesting to me any ways, and physically, are totally possible. anti-gravity devices would have to deactivate the mass of an object to allow it to free float, which physically may be possible, but theoretically has not been proven. Deep space travel is physically possible, and theoretically practical if we achieve a warp drive, or anti-matter thrusters. AI is an easy one, some say we'll have full fledged AI by the year 2030, some say even sooner. You're WAY off there buddy. That is but one form of teleportation, other forms have been theorized. Your end is so wrong. Warp drives do exist and are physically possible.

• As in warp drives do exist somewhere in the universe, as we speak. If they are physically possible, then an advanced civilization somewhere in our vast universe has achieved them.

• You remind me our sour skittles but if you want to be a Debbie downer go on ahead