Who has ever had a lucid dream? Who wishes they could have a lucid dream?

What happened in your dream, if you had it? Did you have a lucid dream?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have lucid dreams all the time. Those were the dreams in which I could fly. I would suddenly realize that I had control, and I would spend the entire dream leaping over cities and flying around islands, creating the most surreal and beautiful worlds.

And sometimes they were nightmares. I'd know it was a dream, but nothing would wake me up and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop the bad things from happening.

I haven't had lucid dreams in ages, though. I wish I knew how to get them back, despite the occasional nightmare.

Most Helpful Guy

• Very first one I had as a kid. I was having a nightmare. I was in an underground labyrinth being chased by monsters all around me. And right as the monsters surrounded me and I thought I was dead I realized I was dreaming. It was like I just became aware.

I snapped my fingers and made the monsters disappear. Reaffirming that this was my dream and I was in control. Lol it was crazy. I was still asleep and in my dream but so excited at what was happening.

In my dream I "cut" open time and space and made a portal to a new world in my dream then walked through. On the other side of the portal was an island, when I randomly decided I wanted to go in space. I snapped my fingers again and made a space ship appear. I hopped inside and took off to the stars. Traveling just outside earth's atmosphere I could see everything. But somewhere during my space flight I forgot I was dreaming and I "fell" back into how I normally am in a dream. Just an observer. But it was a positive dream from that point on.

I've only had a handful of dreams I took complete control over like that and they were always nightmares. I think it has to do with the strength of the emotions that arise during a nightmare that sparks my fight or flight response and that's what helped me to become aware. I found that just knowing you can control your dreams makes it easier to do. My dad had told me it was possible on the first night I did it. I was so excited the next day to tell my dad everything. I was like 11 or 12

What Girls Said 7

• A couple times, not often though. It's at first kind of confusing because I'm figuring out that this isn't real and putting the pieces together in my dream and then I can change my dream sometimes but usually just start telling my dream self what to do

• I have them quite often. I hate them. They're almost ALWAYS scary. They wake me up with my heart racing and my whole body shaking and they just feel so real. One of them is driving backwards off a cliff, another is falling and falling and falling, another is being trapped underwater with a thick layer of ice over the water, another is walking happily then tripping, another is being shot, another is riding an elephant through a river... some are just plain weird--like a story you'd expect a completely insane person who had been locked up in an insane asylum for 50 years to tell and swear it's true. I hate those dreams so much.

• OMG, I sooo wish I could lucid dream! I've tried that shit, the closest I got was dreaming that I was lucid dreaming ;(
    So jelly of people who have lucid dreams!

• xD what's weird I had one of those lucid dream-dream-inception-thingies when I was ten

• Just once and it was amazing-- once I've realized I was dreaming I started flying. Then I imagined myself in a park with a cute guy and bam I was in a park with a cute guy. I remember trying to talk to him but then I woke up :( Either way it was awesome.

• I have them sometimes and its terrifying. Most of my lucid dreams involve me flying around the room or not being able to control my limbs. Sometimes I have dreams where I can't move my jaw or scream but hear no sound. Sometimes I can manage to convince myself its just a dream and alter the environment. Having control of flying in a lucid dream is awesome.

• I lucid dream very often and always have. I even have recurring dreams from years and years ago - I dream songs and melodies. But the lucid nightmares are awful and cause me sleep paralysis.

• I wish I could lucid dream about my crush sometimes, but I'm afraid of seeing demons/apparitions and I don't want to go mad by confusing fantasy with reality. :/

• I think it's well worth the risk!

• That's the one thing I can't control -- sexual things in my dream. When my crush shows up (or crushes of the past), I can never initiate anything, maybe because I don't want to subconsciously, maybe cause I'm too focused on the fact she's there...

What Guys Said 3

• I only have lucid dreams (the dreams I remember, are lucid).

What happened? The one that woke me up is too long
    so I won't be getting into that one here, but usually it's
    about breathing/swimming/living underwater, in the depths.

• Every dream I have is lucid. I can control myself and I am aware that I'm dreaming while I'm in the dream.

But lately I don't dream as often so I get less practice.
    At some point I could spawn objects into my dream and use them.

• I lucid dram all the time.