"NO REASON to hit a woman". Agree or disagree?

Watch this and then comment, please.

Just watch the firs 2-3 minutes if you don't wanna watch it all.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are plenty of reasons to hit someone, the biggest reason being self-defense.

Not hitting someone because they're female is sexist as hell.

Most Helpful Guy

• Those who say that you should NEVER hit a woman but at most restrain them, regardless of what they do or did, fail to realize that all they are doing is reinforcing the SEXIST belief that women are incompetent idiots who can't be held accountable for their actions.

Do you know who are the ones who should be restrained if they ever act violent? Little fucking children. Women are NOT little fucking children, they are ADULTS and they will face the consequences of their actions like ADULTS. So if a woman ever attacks me or someone I care about, she's getting knocked the fuck out.

"But, but the average woman is weaker than the average man, hitting her like you'd hit a man is not FAIR!"

Two things:
    1) When you assault someone, you lose ALL rights to being treated "fairly'. Only a mentally degenerate idiot would expect a "fair" fight after needlessly assaulting someone, ESPECIALLY if they knew that they'd be weaker than the person they assaulted.
    2) If you're a woman and you assault me or someone I care about for little to no reason, KNOWING that I'd be way stronger than you, then not only would you lose any rights to a "fair" fight, but you would DESERVE to get hit.

• A guy punched one of my friends in the face because she's a lesbian and she was holding her gf's hand, and he said I hate lesbians and gave her a black eye.
      I have a friend who's boyfriend walked into a guy, he started on him and my friend said, literally SAID from behind him, didn't touch him "leave him alone thats my boyfriend", he turned around and punched her. On her goddamn birthday.
      I have another friend who was in a club and a guy touched her ass, she slapped his HAND away and he punched her in the face.

So please don't fucking say it's ok for men to hit women in this situation or in that situation, when you start pick and choosing what situations are "ok" you're removing the barrier completely and then it's "debatable" when it's ok. It's not debatable. It's never ok. Period.

• Fucking hilarious how she blocked me. See, that's another reason to slap you. Goddammit, a 21 y/o person acting like a 5 y/o this is so nerve wracking.
      IGNORANT PEOPLE ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! FUCK!

• @Suhmer gender wasn't the issue there, now was it? Are you saying it would have been okay to hit them if the genders were reversed? If not, then you missed the point of the opinion entirely.

What Girls Said 13

• I disagree with him on his "there can be tons of reasons" point; I really don't think there's a good, justifiable reason to hit anyone, except in situations where self-defense is needed.

When someone is being annoying or even rude, I never have the urge to hurt him or her. I know some people do, though, so I guess it just depends on the person and his or her temperament.

• That's just cause you've never been properly annoyed.
      Some people can annoy you until crazyness without touching you. But they can turn your life in hell. I'm not talking about words only. Actions also count.

• Erm, speak for yourself. I try to surround myself with positive people who bring out the best in me; maybe you should try the same.

I have been "properly annoyed" before, trust me. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and let things go.

• When you start suggesting different situations when it's ok to hit a woman and when it isn't ok to hit a woman, then you are essentially saying that it is up to the MAN to decide whether this girl "deserves" to be punched or not. I'm sorry but it is not up to an individual person to decide weather it's right or wrong for him to punch a girl. When you open it up to being ok "sometimes", one man might think it's ok to punch a girl if she turns him down, says something mean, it's just a can of worms that shouldn't even be opened because if it's SOMETIMES ok, then it means it's always ok if you can think of some pathetic, small reason that they somehow deserved it.

Never ok.

• But this is not about if it's ok or not. The guy in the video never said is ok. This is about if there's never a reason to. You may have a reason, but that doesn't mean you're gonna hit her and that it's ok to hit her.

• what the fuck is your problem?

• Another reason xD

• Haven't watch but getting attacked and fearing for your life is a call for self-defense.

Just hitting because you're upset you got mocked isn't self-defense.

• No idea why, the video can't seem to load..

But it is never okay to hit another person, guy or girl - doesn't matter, unless it's for self-defense purposes. Also, people should fcking learn how to not provoke someone to hit them (they asked for it anyways -_-) and when that person walks away instead of hitting them, they get mad lol wtf?

• Hey, can you tag @Realfire22 ? She blocked me without me being able to explain myself, I just wanted to say this in her comment:
      "I didn't agree nor disagree with what he says, I just asked the question to see people's opinion."

I just want you to tag her, that's it. Thanks :)

• I'm sorry then. It's just stuff like this really rubs me the wrong way... I'll unblock u.

• It is never okay to hit another person, even if they hit you first.

Same thing goes for women.

• That's beautiful, if you live in a butterfly pink country in a rainbow unicornical world.
      Life is though out there. Some people don't care if you pretend to be dead, they just keep on going

• I was taught to never hit a woman, I was also taught if you hit someone be prepared to fight

• Now I see where this came from. You should try listening to some other comedians. Some are much more light hearted and don't invoke such anger. Nick Offerman's American Ham isn't super hilarious, but it is inspiring. You might like that. But on the topic of your question, I think the only reason to actually hit ANYONE is self defense.

• But I like Bill Burr because he's aggressive and says stuff that people never talk about, that's why people sometimes get uncomfortable when he brings up certain topics (like when he said "look how awkward is in here right now").

• Or you could just calm down... 😉

• But I need to get rid of my anger in order to be able to calm down

• I totally get where he is coming from. Most acts of violence are provoked by the victim in some way. But it doesn't make it right or okay of course. Domestic violence isn't limited to man hitting woman though it goes both ways and in same sex marriages as well.
    But I believe the only reason to hit a woman in a violent manner is self defence.

• There's always a reason why people do what they do, but it doesn't mean those are good reasons.

Like in one of his examples, he was describing a guy who had a bad day and took it out on his wife. The reason is that he had a bad day.

• People of both gender piss me of but it isn t a reason for me to beat them. It gives me a reason to break all ties with them and avoid them from now on.

• I don't need to watch the video. There's NEVER a reason for a guy to hit a female. To even suggest that makes me lose whatever respect I had for you.

• So my girlfriend wakes me up 3 in the morning starts annoying the shit out of me after I tell her I don't want to have sex or make out. I gotta get up in the morning for work. She keeps talking shit and fuckin with me. I'm like please please let me rest. After like 30 mins of this. I say your just being a bitch. I'm laying there with my eyes clothes and she just starts whaling on my face. I punched her in the shoulder and pushed her out of bed. You think I'm wrong for that

• If men have to be responsible for their actions so do women

• I agree totally. I'm not a hardcore feminist, but I am slightly sexist.

P. S I don't believe in that "equal opportunity" bullshit. Men are biologically stronger than women, and UNLESS she has a gun... there are ways to defend yourself. SO if a toddler bites my leg, I should kick it in the face? Yeah no.

• Nice job comparing your gender to toddlers, that'll totally get your point across.

• size is size

• John Cena is way bigger than me but I could still beat him to death if he didn't fight back. Being stronger doesn't mean they aren't in danger of someone weaker beating them into a vegetative state.

• I think that it should be unacceptable for women to hit men, and men to hit women. It's not fair if men are seen as 'dirty' and 'horrible' for hitting women, but it's ok and normal for women to hit men!
    The only time acceptable is when self defence is needed.

• The only reason anyone should resort to hitting someone else is in a life and death defensive mode situation. If there is no way to restrain your attacker, then yeah... stop them from assaulting you. I don't think women should hit men and get a free pass, either.

I wish people would respect the personal space bubble. I don't live in candyland, I am very aware how tough life is, especially in certain areas. I was assaulted and you bet I fought back.

What Guys Said 20

• the question isn't when it's okay to hit a woman, but when it's okay to hit anyone.

Because saying there is different criteria, you're essentially claiming the woman is weaker than men, and that...

You know what? fuck this! You shouldn't hit anyone, but if i am ever forced into self defence then i won't give a flying fuck if it's a man or a woman that's attacking!
    And neither should it matter! I have the right to defend myself, and i will do so.
    Defend myself, not beat the other person into a pulp. The person's sex doesn't determine what's an appropeiate reaction, their ability to fight does!

• I agree, but the question is if it's true that there's no reason to hit a woman, not that if it's ok. It's never ok to hit anyone unless it's in self-defense, but there are still plenty of reason to hit a woman.

• i don't believe anything short of self defence justifies it.

IF the person is acting like a fuckign idiot (for example by cheatnig) you just leave, you don't beat the person up...

• Chris Rock covered this too
    http://youtu.be/aVb6VHvCupw

• First off: it was really hard to watch this video. What an obnoxious prick this guy is. I can't believe somebody like that can become a comedian in America. He constantly insults his own audience. And then there's this woman he humiliated in front of the whole crowed just because she's got a different opinion. This person probably paid at least 50 bucks to see this show and then she gets treated like shit. Seriously, what asshole.

Apart from that and as for the question of domestic violence: I don't see his point. I don't think he even has one. So he says there are good reasons to hit a woman. Okay. Even if that was true - which I think it is NOT - but even if that's true, so what? What does that even mean? If a pedophile rapes a little kid and later says "I did it because I was horny for that child", isn't that a pretty good reason? If somebody struggles with money for his whole life and finally decides to rob a bank, isn't that a very good reason? Sounds very reasonable to me. If you think black people are inferior and you kill a black guy, isn't your racism a good reason for it? I mean, it all makes sense. You hate them, so you kill them, right?
    My point: what does he even try to say by all this? "There are good reasons to hit a woman but you shouldn't do it of course". It's a completely empty statement. He could have also just said "poop poop poop poop poop.."

Finally, I agree with other people here who say that there are, in fact, no good reasons to hit a woman (or anyone else for that matter). Guys like you always act like you're forced to stay with a certain woman... like god himself came down from heaven and said "I will chain you to this woman for all eternity". If you don't like a certain person, be it a man or a woman, simply don't associate with him/her. It's that easy. You think your girlfriend is annoying because she complains too much? How about just quitting it and looking for a different person instead of even considering hitting her? Seems a tad more mature to me. Apart from your family members, you're not forced to associate with anyone. And once you're grown up and live on your own, you don't even have to associate with your family anymore if you don't want to. You can live as a hermit somewhere in the Canadian wilderness in a wooden cottage if that pleases you. I hate it when people stay together with their partner or stay in their job or whatever just so they can be whiny and grumpy about it all day long.

• The guy's hilarious. He laughed at that woman cause she was the disrespectful one.

But anyways, that's not the point of this question. What he's trying to say is that there are reasons to hit a woman, you just don't do it because it's not right. He even said that anyone who does that should be buried under the prison. He never said the reasons are always good reason, but saying there's never are reason is not true. Like he said, ask why he hit her and not just walk away.
      And don't say "guys like you..." cause I have neither agreed nor disagreed with what he said, and I would never stay with a woman who makes me miserable.

• Well, I agree that there are reasons to hit a woman but I don't think there are any GOOD reasons to hit anyone. Cuz the common-sensical and mature thing to do in a situation where you want to hit someone is to simply not talk to them anymore or not associate with them anymore.

Now, if that is indeed his whole point "sometimes there are reasons to hit a woman" than he must be autistic or something like that. Because obviously, that's a given. When people say "There's never a reason to hit a woman" they don't literally mean there are no reasons. What the statement means is "there are NO GOOD reasons to hit a woman and even if there were good reason, it's still not okay to do it".
      So to just take the statement completely literally, word-by-word seems rather ridiculous to me. That reminds me a bit of my sister's autistic boyfriend who, when I say "I almost died of laughing about XY", he asks sincerely worried "did you have to go to the hospital? Are you okay again now?"

• to me there is no reason to hit anyone.

• I do agree. I just had to do this last night because my so called girlfriend starts punching me as hard in the face. When I'm laying there with my eyes closed trying to sleep because I got work in the morning. And all of this because I said she is being a bitch for cussing me and annoying me, and trying to stop me from getting rest just because I didn't want to wake up at 3 in the morning and makeout with her. I punched her in the shoulder and pushed her out of bed to get her away from me. I don't feel bad but I'm scared she isn't going to stop until I hurt her, and that's not the type of person I am or want to be

• Those are stupid examples. You don't strike someone for being a piece of shit to you. You should only strike if they attacked you.

• If she assaults me, I reserve every right to strike back in defense. Just because you have a uterus girls doesn't resolve you of the consequences of your actions.

• I don't need to watch it. If a woman attacks you or someone else, then use of force is justified. Just like anyone else.

• Absolutely shouldn't ever hit a woman. But then if she hits violently hits you, just use self defense and block her hits, push her off of you.

• For those who downvoted, In society, We as men should never ever hit a woman, and I would never in my lifetime would hit a woman. How I would handle my situation is either grabbing her hands and telling her to calm down, or just leave and come back whenever it's safe. When I mean using self defense, blocking, and pushing her off (not shoving her like a football player), I mean it. Men and women are equal. If a girl's trying to kill you, you just gonna let that happen or you gonna take measurements and use self defense?

• I love Bill Burr and I do agree. There are loads of reasons to hit a woman, just as there is for men. Sometimes a slap, sometimes a punch and sometimes decapitation. But you just don't do it (unless self defence or sex related).. Any man who says they haven't at one point in their life thought "That bitch deserves a punch in the face" I would call a liar.

• Very funny! lol!!! i was smiling the whole time!
    But, yes there are reasons, but you should never hit someone! lol!!!

he is right though, i like his analogy with the rattle snake

• I know right? People never ask questions. Yes, it's 100% wrong of the guy to hit her, but still what did she do to deserve that?

• Hey, as a man, i know to walk away from a woman when she starts pissing me off, before i lose control

Yes sometimes women do things/say things that they should not have done, but as a man, i understand, i can beat up most women, for me to take advantage of that... thats weak

on the other hand, women must respect men, and should understand the consequences of their actions/words and not provoke men

My ex used to say shit like "Come on big guy, you want to get loud, fucking hit me!"
      but if i would have hit her, i would have been arrested, and charged with domestic abuse/assault etc
      thats why i walk away lol

• if she starts hitting and doesn't stop, i can't promise that no punches or slaps will be thrown. not my first reaction, but she is really asking for it. just as if a guy starts throwing down.

• Lol love bill burr. Of course there is a million reasons you just don't do it!

• if she is attacking me I am going to hit her

• I strongly disagree.

• damn 7 minutes... I don't wanna watch it lol. the latter

• No but if she is coming at me with a knife then...

• all in favour of slap a girl day? say SLAPPER!!!

• Since the sexes are now equal, thanks to feminists, the question is meaningless. Women can be hit as much as men.

• I couldn't watch the video but I don't entirely agree with the statement. I haven't ever been attacked by a woman but I imagine if I was it might not be necessary to hit her, however if I thought it was necessary then I wouldn't have a problem doing it- if you behave like an animal you'll be treated like one, a vagina is not a licence to do whatever the fuck you want.

• No reason? It's not right to hit a woman, or a man, but saying there's no reason is ridiculous.

• Yeah that's why I don't entirely agree, if someone really pisses me off it's not reason enough to hit them, but if I'm attacked and I fear for my safety that might be reason enough to knock them the fuck out. lol!