Should I stop giving homeless person money?

Every time I give money to homeless person it brings bad luck. Some thief comes and try to steal my money after. Have you ever had that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really up to you whether you prefer to keep giving. I've worked at a shelter in the past and know that if they show up on time and early they can at least get a free meal and a bed if they're lucky enough. Quite a few are just looking for extra money for alcohol, smokes, etc. It's really hard to say who needs the extra money and who's just using you. I'd rather just do my part assisting with a shelter instead.

The stealing thing is most likely a con to see if you've got money to give. We had some professional beggers outside GT in Atlanta that cleared up to $400/wk and had a home to go to at the end of the day. As a student, I felt like a needed a T-shirt saying "No, I don't have fitty cents!" since I had to keep saying it constantly.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I've never had that and I think that's silly.

What Guys Said 3

• Who cares about homeless people? I can tell you I have been homeless before and I didn't beg for money, I dealt with it. People who beg are worthless.

• I stopped doing that cause I realized that was one of the reasons I have no money.

• No probAly not

What Girls Said 1

• I never give the homeless money, purely because around here they're likely to spend it on gambling and alcohol. I usually just give them a coffee or a happy meal from mcdonalds.