Is there a word for the female version of "white-knighting"?

You know, those women who demonize other women and ingratiate themselves towards men online in order to hear things like "wife material!" and "all women should be like you!" and other praise like that? It's similar to when a guy online will act as if women can do no wrong so they can be praised for sticking up for them or whatever. Just the female version of that.

If there is I haven't heard it, so I was wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• In my experience, male white knights tend to be much more annoying and they like to get in your face a lot. Female "white knights" are sweet, they won't tell me I'm worthless just because I'm a man, and they seem to criticize both genders. White knights insult other guys constantly because they feel self-righteous, and because they want to get pussy on the Internet.

• Well they won't tell you you're worthless because you're a man lol. They don't treat other women as kindly.

• I see what you're saying brah. White knights don't give you trouble because they want a certain something out of you. But forgetting for a sec about women who want things to be equal, non-misandrist, etc - as for the specific women you mention, I like them. Seriously, defending men and hating on other women with a passion and being fiercely in competition with them? That is so hot.

• Lol, well alright then.

• They used to call them Florence Nightingales.

• Oh I thought that was the term for someone who falls in love with their healer or something.

• Yeah, They used to say, "Don't be such a Florence Nightingale" to a woman who tried (in vain) to save someone, or was crying because someone who was doomed died (usually in a hospital ward). I always though it was a lot like guys riding to the rescue (white knight syndrome).

I had a classmate who had to be institutionalized when one of her child-patients died of leukemia (although no one criticized her).

• Oh got it. That's very sad though. I can't even imagine how difficult it is to work with child cancer patients.

• I think "legbeard" is the closest thing you'll get to a female whiteknight

• White amazon , perhaps ; p

What Girls Said 2

• white wife

*runs away*

• yes. they often identify as liberal. they are so annoying.