As the Buddhists say, life is pain. Would you willingly enter a perfect dream world, leaving the physical world behind?

Would you destroy the world to send everyone to a fake realtity where there are only victors? And where no one need lose anyone, ever again? Would you sacrifice your real existence for a dream existence, where everyone could be what they want to be and where the dead are alive and well? Where there is no conflict, or, at least conflict doesn't result in pain?

Was watching Naruto Shippuden. Incidentally, I love how the anime matured alongside an entire generation. It's getting into some deep philosophy. Reminds me of a House M. D. episode, too.

A quote from Shippuden,

"The more you live, the more you realize only pain, suffering, and fuftility exist in this world. Wherever there is light, there are always shadows. As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist. The selfish desire for peace gives way to war. And hatred is born in order to protect love. These are all nexuses, causal relationships which cannot be separated. A strong bond can be a curse.

• Yes.
  • No.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Guy

• Although Madara probably intended to legitimately free the world of suffering, I can't stop to think that he was mostly a selfish warrior high off battle and slaughter. Anyway, I prefer freedom of choice over illusion, even if that freedom means I get to suffer.

• He is more like "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" rather than "I need to get this job done for the sake of humanity."

• Yup pretty much. And thanks.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• well, whatever you say Naruto has developed very well in the story department over the years