What do you like and hate the most about going to an all-girls/all-boys school?

You could just literally shout for a tampon and it lands on your lap like a gift from heaven. What I hate? The common misconception that we are all lesbians.

Most Helpful Guy

• I went to an all boys catholic school. It was pretty gay. Guy cheerleaders, all guys plays etc.
    We never thought that we are all lesbians in the girls school. We thought just the opposite. If we had the day off & the girls school didn't we go by there. They all flocked to the windows like caged heat.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a mixed elementary school, but I went to an all-girls high school. Well, as you said I don't like when people assume most girls there are lesbians. I rarely saw lesbians in that school. Also, one of the cons I felt after graduating and going to university is that I and many of my friends & colleagues from that school were shy and found it awkward to talk with guys in the university at beginning. You know like you feel how should I start talking? Why do I even have to talk/work with them? It became very evident especially when we had group activities. I gradually got accustomed to it though. Now, I understand that having guy friends is a cool experience too. ^-^

Pros? I like how girls can just be themselves in that school and how sometimes they become crazy and show all sides of their personalities. From girlie cute personalities to boyish cool ones lol. Some who feel awkward around guys are actually really outgoing and crazy around girls. I liked also how we all can talk those girlie talks all the time and feel everybody understands.

I noticed, except for talking with boys, girls in all-girls school develop self-confidence and leadership skills. They do better in math and science classes because usually in mixed schools, gender differences become more prominent, and you will find more girls who are like, "uh nah, engineering is for boys." In my school, since girls got education especially tailored from their learning style, I found more girls interested in sciences and math and more girls got encouraged to go for engineering and variety of majors which are not typical for girls.

• Yeah you're right.. One thing I also noticed is that in an all-girls set up most of us were molded to become feminists... :)

• LoL that might be true for some people. Do you feel like that happened to you?

I don't know if I should label myself a feminist. I do believe that girls are powerful, and the only obstacles they face are the ones they put for themselves. I noticed when I went to university, I wanted to prove for me and other girls that a girl can excel in maths and majors that are they usually say they are for boys. However, I'm definitely not a feminazi. xD

• Yeah, I feel that way sometimes but not like what you call a feminazi hahaha :D

What Guys Said 7

• I went to all boys schools until I was 14. Bad preparation for coed school. :-(
    No thanks, mom and dad. :-P

• I went to one long ago. While the educational standards were better than the crappy government schools that were in my local area, I rather hated it. It was like "Lord Of The Flies" or "The Chocolate War" if you ever read those books. Even today, I still feel rather socially stunted. I'm not a fan of gender apartheid.

• what I like was that we can do almost all random shit we could think of and it just goes and I really like just how smooth the topic about stuff flows without risking someone getting dumped and all. what I don't like is... ya sure, that homosexuality misconception and the sense of competition when some random chick passed by,

• i don´t see anything good about it. it creates an unnatural wall between the genders and doesn´t help focusing on the studies either. it´s rather depressing and unmotivating.

• I can imagine it would be tiring being around boys all the time... I like to have a fair share of female friends too.

• my problem is that there would be no eye candy to look at (unless you're gay), i am a standard person and i do like to look

• I want to go to an all-girls school. Sounds like fun.

What Girls Said 1

• believe it or not all boys/all girls schools do better than same sex schools