What to do when you don't believe anyone loves you?

I've tried to trick myself out of this vicious circle, but it all seems too logical to me to dismiss. I just constantly feel like I can see through people and their feelings. It's not that I don't believe the people who say they love me think they do, but I strongly believe it stops at that. Most of my family barely even knows me, so that 'if someone's family we automatically love them' thing doesn't seem good enough, you know? Only my mom somewhat knows me, and even she seems to get tired of me at times. My boyfriend says he loves me, and he definitely thinks he does, but most of the time I think he doesn't even know what love is. I feel like a burden to everyone except my cat. : I know each and every one of us is objectively meaningless in this universe, but at least at a small scale I guess everybody likes and needs to feel at least someone loves them. I suspect I'm not the only person in the world who feels this way and I'd like to know if any of you guys found a sollution for this.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe lead by example and teach them what love is. You get what you give.

• Show them love, not teach.

• Out of my own experience... doesn't work. Been there done that.

What Girls Said 0