Guys and girls, what does this quote mean?

Guys and girls, what does this quote mean?

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that there may be qualitative differences in the level of experiences. Someone who is just getting wet is having the same type of experience as someone who is feeling the rain. However, the person who is feeling the rain is apparently having some deeper level of feeling or drawing some greater meaning from the experience... that's what I think it means though my English isn't that good 😶?

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's similar to stop and smell the roses. Don't move so fast or oblivious to what's around you as to not be able to absorb what is going on around you. The ones who "feel" the rain are generally more enlightened in life in general.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Time for some Google action!

It seems pretty unanimous that the quote means something like this:

Some people go through life feeling the world around them, knowing how they feel and being in touch with themselves and their surroundings. Some people just live their lives, day in, day out, without giving it much thought at all...

Kinda hard to word, but that's the gist
    -SerUmbras

2|1
    0|1
  • "Feel rain" is being aware of one's feelings in the moment and in this case rain. "Others just get wet" is going through the motions but nothing more. Both types of people get wet but the first one actually felt the rain :)

internet source

3|0
    0|0
  • i think it is that some people feel, experience and embody the rain. they don't just feel wet drops but they feel something deeper... while some people just feel rain and feel wet

1|0
    0|0
  • Its open to interpretation, but I think it could mean a couple of things.

1. That some people can focus on even little things in life and try to appreciate them (like the rain), and others just complain about it, like about getting wet.

2. normal people can feel the rain, but some people have gotten become so numb, maybe because of pain, that they can't even feel little things like that anymore.

2|0
    0|0
  • Some people observe and savor life while others simply allow life to happen to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It means some people are depth of soul, others see the world in black and white.
    An amazing songwriter but not such a great singer

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Some people experience life, others just steadily make their way to the grave.

Stop to smell the flowers.

1|0
    0|0