Do you sleep with your door open or closed?

As the question states... when you are at home and about to go to sleep... do you keep your door open... or do you close it?

If I keep my door open at night while sitting in bed, I have a view of the long, dark hallway. I ALWAYS keep my room door closed while I am sleeping.

Most Helpful Girl

• I rather sleep with it closed. Though thanks to my cat if I do that she will wake me up during the night scratching at it. So I leave a crack and then a weight behind the door. That way if someone tries to come in they will make a loud sound once the door hits it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I live alone so I sleep with the door open, of course. The only reason to sleep with the door closed is privacy and that is not a big factor in some families. In my second marriage, my wife and I closed the door if we were having sex, but otherwise we slept with the door open, although we both slept naked. We only had her 18 yr old daughter in the house and, because of the layout of the house, she never passed our bedroom door. She also slept with her door open and we passed by her door routinely. She usually slept in just her panties but it was never treated as a big deal, and nothing inappropriate ever happened.

What Girls Said 12

• I sleep with my door closed and locked. My dog always sleeps either at the end of my bed or next to it. Because I live alone in a loft apartment, I have to take safety precautions like this.

• Closed usually, just to block out light and sound but if my cat is in my room I will leave it ajar so he can get out

• Always close, and locked. I sometimes sleep naked and I always don't wear a bra at home lol so if my housemate's boyfriend came over that'd be awkward.

• I leave it open... the darkness gets to me sometimes , that .. and the fact that my home has been broken into a couple times.

• Closed...
    ghjghjg

• Usually open.

• Sleep with the door closed

• Closed!!! I share a flat with someone else.

• When I was a kid I kept it open cuz I felt safer and closer to ny parents who sleep down the hall but as I grew older I started to lock it because I sleep with my boobs out

• I always close the door cause, like you, I also have a view of the dark, creepy hallway; however, every night my dog opens the door to sleep in my room and she obviously can't close the door so it basically stays open most of the night.

• Closed, I like doors closed when I'm in a room anyway. It feels cosier + more safe

• Closed. My room is next to the bathroom and everyone who'd need to use the bathroom during the night would wake me up.

What Guys Said 15