Would they track my IP?

I was going to fill out some of those "request more info" forms as a prank, but am worried about getting it traced back to me like through IP address... bad idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hehe, any Web page you go on Internet does not opens unless the server gets its I. P. Usually it's hidden in the URL, if complain came then you will find @BertMacklinFBI , greeting you on the door with, 'You have the right to remain silent! Anything said or did by you can can be used against you in the court of the law. You have right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one, it will be provided to you by government.'
    - am I right...
    Don't worry if you did it already, Cops have more concerning matters then this... Tracking down pranks.. At maximum you will receive a warning... They won't execute for it, good news is you will add a crime to your resume...

http://i.imgur.com/JqmMmQy.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't find out who a person is or prove someone did something through an IP address. Every time you restart your router you have a new IP address, don't worry about it, just restart your router before and after doing it if you're worried :P

• This is on my phone, is that different?

• what did he do to you to make you want to do this btw? and IP address only confirms it was your internet, that doesn't prove a person DID it... you just can't prove it like that. like they're going to put all that effort in to find a prankster, it just isn't going to happen, you won't be prosecuted, but i really want to know what he did!

• He lies and cheats

What Guys Said 2

• request more info prank? don't think I've heard of that one before.

can you tell me how it goes

• Like, websites where you fill in your info so they call you with more information. .. a lot of colleges and the military has it, among others. So he'd get calls from all these places he didn't request.

• LOL. I like you :P

• Ha, thanks

• Actually all websites can and does track your IP address. Do you know why websites automatically picks the country for you when making account? (even gag).. It's due to your IP address.

• So you're saying it is something to be concerned about, or no?
      Someone else said it's not traced back to an individual.

What Girls Said 2

• Are you not tired of stalking him? Surely by now you've got the message

• I think they do record your ip for visiting their site though.