Non-American GAGers, how do you believe your life would be if you were American-born?

Better? Same? Worse?

Those who moved in America later on their lives can answer as well…

Well…. personally I believe it’d be different (to da better) if I was born in Hawaii or Florida…especially in summertime it’d be fuckin awesome I guess… :D ;)

• better...
  • same...
  • worse...

Most Helpful Girl

• SOOOO MUCH BETTER! You can't even imagine how much I've always wished that I was born in America. I just love the culture, people, cities, opportunities, fucking EVERYTHING. Too bad I wad born in a small shitty country in Europe. That can't be changed... so moving to America will be the next best thing. :)

• Thanks for the MHO! :)

• @Klaatu51 You probably don't know how strict the US visa is. For a Green Card alone, they take around 10 years, leave alone the citizenship (unless it's through marriage or birth). Even if you get a great job in the reputed companies in the Silicon Valley, they still put you through a lottery system and may or may not give you a work visa. There are also restrictions which prevent the wives/ dependents from working. Even if you got an admit in one of the nice US universities, they may or may not give you a student visa. And also put many additional restrictions when you're on a student visa (like: you need to take at least these many courses, you need to get a job within 3 months if you want to work after graduation etc.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Better, way way better. I envy people that were born in America. I love America and I'm sad that I spent the first 18 years of my life outside the US. It sucks that what's considered the best years of my life weren't spent in America :(
    But, I now live here, so I'm more than happy for that and I'll do anything to stay here, cause this 2 years have been way better than my previous 18.

• Spanish ain't u?

well... it's not yer choice to choose where to be born... but honestly i believe Spain isn't much different than America... in south US there r many people who speak Spanish after all...

• I used to hate Spain, now I don't that much, but I still will never live there unless I'm forced.

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Girls Said 16

• I imagine I'd probably be a lot more religious and probably a lot more tanned! But I wouldn't be able to afford med school so my life would be entirely different so I'm glad I live in the UK. I think opportunities are a lot more reachable where I live, the American education system seems to be driven by financial ability and not based on personal achievement. The attraction to live in America is the weather and the food.. and the crazy golf... the Americans do crazy golf on some next level haha! Maybe one day!

• Absolutely no different. I'd probably be threatened at gunpoint more often. But quality of life, not much different. I would have a bigger house and bigger garden and have different social problems, but I come from a first world country.

• #of times I've been threatened at gunpoint = 0

• Oh for the love of God I give up.

• i tend to agree wid bellegirl as well... u can get hit by a car any day... does it mean cars r killin machines? no...

never understood y people call guns evil by default...

• Probably worse because of lack of free healthcare and education.

• Same, though I think you can get a good living quality for much less that it would cost you here like property prices in the U. S. are seriously a joke compared to Luxembourg omg 😅 definitely gonna move there one day!

• Meh, if I take an example from the Americans I know, I'd probably be hella more ignorant than I am now, obnoxiously shouting USA USA. 😂 And I'd probably be too conscious about race... But on the other hand I do believe I'd be more laid back and outgoing and a bit louder.
    So yeah no I think I'm better off the way I am now. 😌

• Honestly, I am so happy I was born in different country.

I have learned more things.

• I don't know if this applies to me.. but, I was born in a country and only lived there for three years then moved to another 3 different countries before going back there for a year and a half, then moved again. So yeah.

Anyways, I think it'd be pree much the same for me.

• I have American cousins and they're not really different from me, so probably the same. But the only better thing is that would be able to avoid the french schooling system and be in an American college.

• French schooling system is better than an American college cause it s harder and more condense. After having a good base you ll find the rest easier. Plus you d know french too as an extra language.
      It s easier to know french and learn English than vis versa

• @archiz I used to live In Saudi Arabia and 75% of my school was Lebanese ^^ And you do look Lebanese but you could be other nationalities around the Mediterranean as-well ^^ Yes it's true , we do have some similarities ^^ After all Carthage in Tunisia was founded by the Phoenicians :)

• Ow I didn t know that :o
      Thanks for sharing :)

• I think I would find living in society a lot harder, the politics, the backward social care... It's very hard to say. I think @Hidden_P got it right with her post.

• tbh i dunno lol

• Where in America? South or north? In which country?

• i mean US... and yea u r right... each state's unique and different... so choice's urs...

• apartments in US r actually cheaper...

• unless if u wanna get a bigger home... then nope...

• Like the same... just more materialist and patriotic :P

• i live in Canada, and am i young, bi, white female. i think it would probably be about the same as it is now.

• I would be a chauvinist capitalist corporate warlord.

• Worse to me
    I prefer where I am from

• Same. It'd be same.

What Guys Said 17

• Being British, More or less the same. Both western nations with almost identical social viewpoints.

I guess the only difference would be i would experience less rain and hear people use the word ''Chips'' to describe what i call ''Crisps'', And that would likely piss me off xD.

• I disagree. While the culture is almost identical, I've been to like 5 states and it didn't feel much different to being back home except for the accents and nice weather.
      However, there is no free healthcare. There is no free education. You have to have A LOT of money to be ok there. Although, perhaps you're rich, but personally my parents wouldn't have been able to save up the, what, $50,000 it takes to get a college education over there? I wouldn't have been able to go to university in that country. And my parents wouldn't have been able to either. But I do love America and would love to live there, but you have to be rich. (In my opinion, people who live there may disagree but that's what I've noticed from it...)

• @Suhmer, I was only joking around with my post.

But yeah, I completely agree with all your points, There is a better standard of living in the UK financially then in the US.

• Driving a car is backwards too lol gives me a headache

• I could never see myself living in America - My personality leans much more towards mainland Europe than america.

• Probably the more or less the same. A lot of countries are a bit Americanised anyway, American culture have reached a large part of the Western world even non western. From top of my head maybe the family would have a larger car, bigger meal size and commute using car more (depending on where I live in USA).

• i think it would be worse. I had to do operations in the past which would've cost a shit ton of money, and even with insurance, i doubt all of it would've been covered. I also think i'd be more susceptible to being ignorant of certain things, to be quite honest

• it could have been the same or better, but tbh., I think it's much likelier that it would have been worse. Luxembourg might be tiny but it's a very wealthy country without many big problems. I think I can consider myself fortunate being born in this country.

• Much much better. I'm awfully misfit in local culture. Barely managing to keep my head cool. I prefer Europe. Europe sounds more better fit than USA.

• Well , it depends.
    If I were say... born in detroit.
    WELL SHIT!!

However , if I were say... born in Brookville Oyster Bay Cove.
    HELL YAH!

• Depending what state Iives

• Better in some aspects, much worse in other.

• I have no idea. I'm gine here in Latvia thank you.

• Awkward laughs would be replaced with constant sessions of applauding people. I'd also be shot at some point instead of shanked.

• Quality of life would be much higher, on the other hand I would have no healthcare, education and policemen would be shooting people left and right.

• Florida? LOL, foreigners...

• California sucks

• Very different I just can't say If it would be better, same or worse. Definitely different.

• I'd be a dumbass

• dunno... the USA is racist, so i dont care.