Why does GAG allow trolls?

When I come on this site, it's fun. Until you meet the air heads and trolls.
They report you for db reasons, constantly attack people, bully, and act worse than the teenagers at my school.
9/10 I delete my account because it gets dumb after a while.

Most Helpful Guy

• There was a time when trolls were immediately banned from sites and their posts deleted. They could still make new accounts but they couldn't troll more than once. It's a private site. So it's not like they need proof that somebody is a troll. If a question doesn't seem right then delete it and ban the person. If it happens to be a legit person, then they can start a new account and learn from their mistakes. Trolls have NOT been around forever on the internet. Not in any numbers anyway. Trolling is something fairly new.

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't just allow intentionally but it's not like this is real life we're on a site not in person. They can't automatically know whether or not someone is a troll until they troll.

They also can't be on every question, myTake, opinion, and comment all at once that's why they need us to report people if you fond something offensive and they haven't gotten to it.

What Guys Said 13

• It is the internet, a breeding ground for trolls. Just don't feed them... and watch this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

• Reporting doesn't really matter if you're not actually violating any categories of the guidelines, but I don't think there are as many trolls as people make it seem. Antagonism however ought to be reported, so if they call you names, just do that.

• Some level of trolling is fun and besides how do you plan to stop trolls? If you ban they can always come back. IP bans are pointless cause just spoof the IP address. Trolls will exist in the world it's just one of those facts of life

• Trolls are there everywhere, just need to ignore them.

• Trolling and people causing trouble on purpose is part of the internet.

Report, block, answer move on! Don't emotionally invest in these people. :)

• Unfortunatelly trolls are always around, we can't avoid them being anywhere.

• Why do I never see them?

• What can you say, it's a liberal site they want to be at least somewhat fair to everyone.

• People have accused me of a troll, but I just have very strong, dissenting opinions. I'm surprised I've lasted this long. I've reported plenty of racist things on here, the mods do not care.

• Are you a troll? I'm just asking cause the answer is too obvious.

• Apparently the troll detection software is under construction!!

• I have never been trolled lol

• Trolls entertain us all. Why are you trolling the trolls?

What Girls Said 7

• there's no realistic way of stopping them. if they get banned, either they or their troll babies will come back/come.

• unfortunately trolls are everywhere -_-
    files.sharenator.com/...ywhere-s580x435-230726.jpg

• Because trolls will keep popping up even if you report them and their account is disabled. It sucks, but it's the internet. I just suck it up and deal with it.

• People call Troll on anything that isn't strictly serious, it gets stupid. A lot of GaG members need to lighten up and get a sense of humour.

• Because they allow the anonymous feature and you are right there are obvious trolls here who are adduce members who are either now gurus or a high xper level. I don't understand how they keep from getting their account deleted

• You can't ever get rid of trolls, especially not on a site where they have an anonymous feature.
    It would be good if you could, but it's never going to happen.

• sadly that's the Internet and we can't do anything to avoid them