What is your definition of a "thick chick"?

Just asking. May or may not be because I inquired why someone liked me and they may or may not have said "I like thick chicks". I know for some guys its a polite, or PC, way of saying "fat". Which, whatever, I am. But it made me curious.

So what is a thick chick to YOU? What is YOUR definition.

Most Helpful Guy

• A thick chick? That could mean anything. I hardly ever say thick. For some reason it just doesn't quite sound right. I think people when they say thick mean a solid girl. I say solid. That to me means not fat, but not a small size. I've seen plenty of solid average build girls. You're kinda solid, but I could see why someone would say something else.

I don't ever call a girl thick if she's fat. I tell it like it is. If she's fat she's fat. Plain and simple. I never understood why people need to lie about that. If a girl (or a guy for that matter) is fat then they are fat. Just like if a girl or guy is skinny then they are skinny. Now if a girl is slightly overweight then I'll say chubby or something. That to me is kinda fat, but not quite there.

So yeah you're kinda chubby but mostly a solid short girl.

I also noticed guys mentioned a girl who has a big butt, hips, and thighs, with big boobs but not necessarily fat. That to me would be a what I call just a big girl. A big girl may also be tall and solid. If she's slim and tall then nah she's not a big girl to me. If she got some weight to her and is tall but not fat then she's a big girl. Usually she has to be at least slightly above average in height.

So basically here's the bottom line:

Thick = Solid: On the larger side of her size spectrum but not chubby or fat. Ex. Solid average sized girl. Solid petite girl. Etc.

Chubby: Slightly fat.

Fat: Typically overweight

Big: Tall, carries a lot of weight (especially in thighs and butt), but not fat.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• googled thick chick... first pic:

www.polyvore.com/.../img-thing

disagree though... for me thick chick's like...

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d157ff2c20.jpg

ya... dis gal's da shit... gotta luv her... <3

• I always thought "Thick Chick" was the hot alternative to stereotypical image that you had to be a certain shape/size to be considered hot. It is a persons way of saying I don't go for that stereotype of hotness while I feel the majority of girls are outside that media stereotype. To me a "Thick Chick" would be a healthy girl next door type. For instance this girl is gorgeous and any guy would be thrilled to date her
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../PromGirl-821987538.jpg

• I would define it as a relatively even distribution of fat around the whole body such that it retains and accentuates the natural curvature and proportions of the female form. A woman with "meat on her bones" as they say.

• I just want to elaborate. When I say "thick" I mean the above definition and that definition should not be confused with "fat". When I call someone fat (which I wouldn't out of decency) I mean a distribution of body fat which distorts the shape and proportions of their natural body structure (if that makes sense)- i. e. a gut, rolls, too much fat in one place.

I guess it might be technically true to say that "thick" is "fat" in the sense that thick people have body fat, but it's the shape and distribution of that body fat that merits making a distinction. Being thick is attractive, being fat isn't.

"Thick" isn't meant to be an insult but it's often taken as one because women are in a war with fat. All the marketing and media targeted at them leads them to believe that in order to be attractive they mush banish all fat from their bodies. But it's not so. Fat is neither good nor bad. It's all in the distribution. In the right places it can be very flattering and sexy.

• Pure curiosity, through and through. I'm nowhere near unhappy with my body. I quite like it, in all it's squishy-ness.

• Awesome. I'm sure you'll find there are plenty of guys who like it too.

• If a girl is fat, i refer to her as fat. If a girl is thick, i refer to her as thick. To me, thick is a body type, not a size. I categorize women into 3 categories: slender, curvy, and thick.

I refer to girls who have pencil type body features, who are thin, with small assets, and usually tall as slender

I refer to girls who are medium height, medium weight, and medium sized assets as curvy. Usually these girls' sizes make their assets appear more proportional.

I refer to girls who are not necessarily fat, but solid, and usually overall bigger, as well as bigger assets as thick.

• We mean a girl that's generally evenly distributed throughout her body with weight.

Usually with big boobs, thick thighs, an ass and hips etc.

But there are still different degrees of thickness, it's not exactly ONE type. As long as it looks near to it. If they mean fat they probably would have said 'a little chubbier" instead

• 1|0
  • To me, a thick girl is a woman with thick thighs, wide hips, big butt, Not necessarily chubby, but doesn't have a flat stomach. Big boobs too.

• Well.. I mean I have 2/4 of those things lmao. But thanks for your input!

• Thick doesn't mean fat to me. Thick can mean she has some meat on her bones. She wouldn't be defined as thin but she isn't fat either.
    Really thin---->Thin---->average---->thick---->fluffy

• To me, 'thick' translates to 'fat'. But I would never go around calling people 'thick'. That's rude.

• Yeah, that's how I take it as well. A nicer way of calling someone fat, because you still wanna be on good terms with them but you wanna be honest.

• Well, I specifically asked. Because he's very, very well toned and nicely built and I'm... not. lol so I just inquired why someone with his physique was interested in someone with my physique. Since when he messaged me there had been no prior conversation or meeting, he went strictly off photographs.

• In that case, I suppose it should be fine. Hope it works out with him. Good luck! :)

• I wouldn't call a girl thick unless she was fat.

• Thick is having muscle with a good coat of fat it all the right places. Namely the thighs and butt, while still having a thin waist

• for me it's having butt and leggs that are thick in other words there's a lot to grab but not meaning fat just thicker thighs but and wider hips tham most girls
    http://i.imgur.com/0mIZTsd.jpg
    25.media.tumblr.com/.../...mryIIh1reel83o1_400.jpg

• In my mind, thick is different from fat.

Just because a girl is bigger doesn't mean she's fat. Some women have larger bones, larger muscles, larger bodies in general, that doesn't mean they're fat.

• I will use the term thick or curvy and i mean it , most dicks use the term fat

• I prefer Thin girls in my opinion

But thick girls is for Example Rihanna, Beyonce

Thin girls are Jhene aiko or Taylor swift

Dont get me wrong Thick girls are beautiful
    And NOOO Thick does not = Fat

• Rihanna thick? U must be out of your fucking mind... she's super thin.

• @NotMyUsername15 IF she was super thin then Taylor swift would be a fkn bone rack when she's not i guess i could agree on kind of thin but not super. Sorry lmfaoo

• I'd say girls with curves?

• Thick or curvy sometimes a little bit chubby I love thick legs a perky but and a little squishiness isn't a bad thing but I wouldn't say fat because if I was gonna say fat I would just out and say it

• A chick with an IQ below 90.

• Hm, people need to read more than the title question. It's in reference to physical shape not intelligence.

• I think he was referring to the cheeks?

• You can tell if someone is fat, if a girl is considered thick, she'll likely have a little more cleavage, bigger butt, bigger thighs, but by no means she is fat.

• I just have bigger cleavage and thighs, I don't have a booty at allll.

r. i. p., am just fat. gg, self.

• 5'6, 140 pounds, 25% body fat.

• A fat chick with a nicer name

• omg sexy legs *drools*

What Girls Said 7

• A stupid girl? Like thick in the head?

• Nah, it was in reference to physical description.

• @Nicolás25 I don't talk with perverts.

• Right. Two things there
      How am I a pervert? If you're referring to the pictures I was giving visual aids since definitions vary and so do interpretations

And two didn't you just talk to me to tell me that you don't talk to perverts? Not as bright as you think you are. Are you?

• Full bodied, not ugly or fat... just large framed.

• a girl with a big butt and thighs

• A full figure chic.

• Thick = fat

• Thick is a body type.
    You can be slim and thick and chubby and thick.
    I think if you're obese you're kinda disqualified though lol.

Its when your thighs and ass are thick in relation to your waist and overall size. I've known girls with thick, wide waists and chubby tummies with big thighs call themselves thick but that's not thick.
    At all.

Skinny but thick

pbs.twimg.com/.../GawhzDoe.jpeg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b15d83c89f.jpg

Chubby and thick

niketalk.com/.../LL

• You look like your thighs are thick but if your whole body is thick, (big waist, big tummy etc) that's not thick. Lol

• I think there's a difference between thick, chubby, and fat. To me, this is thick:
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Y7MTnpflbvQ/hqdefault.jpg

This is chubby:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...135b83d567.jpg

This is fat:
    40.media.tumblr.com/...fyploiN1qcl5svo1_r1_400.jpg

Again, personal opinion. I find that the body weight you're used to being influences what you generally consider to be thick/fat/whatever. As a size zero/two I'd feel heavy if I went up to a size eight, whereas a person who's used to being a size twelve may consider a size eight to be skinny. It's all relative.

• Totally get that. Like, for instance, you thinking the third picture is a fat girl. I don't consider that fat... at all lol.

• How is that 3rd one fat? She barely has a stomach.

• Big thighs and wide waist