Do u believe in psychics?

I went to a psychic who was on point about so many details of my life and the people in it... I told her nothing... She described my family to a Tee and facts about me that no one knows...

she also said that I would get with the "man I will marry" this year... She asked, "are u sure ur not talking to someone at the moment?"

i lied and said no... But really I've had a crush on my neighbour for like 2 years... She described him to a Tee as well! His appearance, his job, even his personality and birthday!

Only problem is he has a girlfriend... So it can't be him right? Was she just describing him via she could "see" that I was in love with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't. I would say they are con artists but they are very skilled con artists. They use things called Barnum statements which are statements that are very vague but when a person hears them they make them personal of them selves.

For example "At times you have serious doubts whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing." When you read that statement you'll instantly think of a recent event where you made a decision that you're not sure of. This will give the illusion that they are telling you things about yourself when in reality they are using very broad statements and you're attaching you're only meaning to the statement.

Info about Barnum Statements: http://skepdic.com/barnum.html

Video of Darren Brown (a magician who uses these) explaining how it's done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdXNTPPPBo

Hope this made you think :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think psychics are just good at reading people. Usually what they describe can apply to anyone. I once had one years ago and she described my loneliness to a tee and my insecurities. Most people can tell I'm insecure because of my body language. She also said I'd marry and have kids by 25. Nope.

What Guys Said 9

• In the words of Penn Jillette psychics are “bullshit.”

• No I do not

• There's no such thing as psychics
    41.media.tumblr.com/.../...890FGC1s0edtjo3_500.jpg

• No, they "cold read" people. They start trying to get you to admit things by asking you vague questions and getting more specific.

• Sure, psychics are real and very important people... where would Batman be without his psychic... Captain America had Bucky... Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis... :-)

• Just because you like him doesn't mean he's the man she spoke of
    duh

• Yea they're real but they're hidden the ones that ask you for money for a reading are mostly fake

• they are all chancers and bullshit artists

• You're looking waaaaay to into this. Life isn't a movie where you're just destined to be with someone and everyone lives happily ever after. You're trying to rush things.

What Girls Said 1