GAGers! when you get in bed... do you fall asleep immediately or not?

title says it all! do you fall asleep immediately or no?

GAGers! when you get in bed...do you fall asleep immediately or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone in my family has the ability to fall asleep right away. Especially my dad if he had a little to drink - he once did it fucking 11 seconds. I counted.

Except for me... I need between an 1 hour or 1h 30 minutes to do that -__-

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• I'd guess most people eating the so called, modern Western diet (too much meat and sugar, refined and processed foods, and excess mucous causing foods in general), would have trouble getting to sleep. I suspect it has its origins in the 'chronically stagnated intestinal mucosa'. It's grim and psychologically painful stuff to get a handle on, and probably leaves its vestiges even when you've switched to a relatively healthy diet.

Used to take me 4 hours to get to sleep when I had a horrific diet and psychological habits. Now it takes me about 1 hour. Although, just recently, it's taking me a few hours, as I try and clear that gunk out =/

• Since my late 30s, yeah, I get in bed and put my head down and I'm totally out. I also now sleep like a log, can never remember my dreams, I'm sleeping too deeply. Every single night. I guess it's a rare advantage to the aging process. But maybe it's just me; they say "old" people have a hard time sleeping, and that's why they tend to be up and about very early in the morning. :)

• oh wow that's good sleep

• I always have a fan on when I'm sleeping (or an AC if it's a hotel room); that makes a big difference. The noise covers up any disturbance. Word to the wise. If it's cold just point the fan elsewhere and let it circulate the air without making you chilly. :)

• I wish. my mind never stops. I have xanax to help. My therapist gave me a great idea that I use every night. I put on an audiobook. I am a big audiobook person. So I put one on that I have heard plenty of times so that I won't be staying awake to hear what happens next (usually any Harry Potter, Battlefield Earth, Godfather or Godfather Returns). So I force myself to listen to the words and I can usually fall asleep pretty fast. I have also listened to some self hypnosis books. They have exercises that help me fall asleep if I am really having a hard time.

• Nope i've been in bed since about 6pm and it's almost midnight now... and I have to be up in 5 hours for work, i'll probably just stay up as I only have a 5 hour shift.

• no but I fall asleep way faster when im just totally sore and burnt out lol

• I sleep quickly if I've gotten enough exercise, yeah. Otherwise my mind wanders and I get myself all revved up. LOL

• Well, it takes me a few minutes yes.

• No, it usually takes 2-3 hours for me to fall asleep... I tend to think too much before sleep :P

• No it takes me forever.

• Depends on how sore I am from the gym, if it was a gym day it may take 30mins to fall asleep!

• Nope it takes me anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour to fall asleep.

• If I'm burned out i will fall sleep without even knowing it

• I take forever

• Usually, because most of the time I'm sleep deprived. ;/

• no it takes an hour or more

• Takes me a little while to fall asleep, but once I'm asleep I'm a sound sleeper.

• it usually takes an hour or more to fall asleep after i go to bed. so no, i don't

• Yeah it doesn't take me long to fall asleep.

• No takes a little time to fall asleep.

• I wish I could :(

it usually takes me fucking forever...

• Yes I do. My work is very taxing and insomnia in rare in my case.

• no takes me about an hour

• I don't remember... hey who does? :)

• Depends, If I'm tired, then it's a yes. If not, I either read or watch a movie on my laptop.

• Most of the time. If I don't, I just count squirrels.

• I don't think I can ever sleep when the hype for TWD is starting back this sunday!!

• Nope. I take a lot of time to fall asleep.

• Pretty much. Im pretty good with sleep, got no issues

What Girls Said 27

• It takes me quite a while most of the time, but I do find that I fall asleep faster when I'm with my boyfriend. I think it's partially because having him there makes me feel relaxed, but I think the other part of it is because I am being considerate of another person in the bed, I move around a lot less trying to get comfortable and so I end up falling asleep quicker. When I'm by myself I tend to notice every tiny little itch and I'm constantly uncomfortable so I move around a tonne.

• My cousins all have the ability to fall asleep almost immediately. Once when we had a sleepover, I slept with this cousin sis and she slept within a minute and I was like wtf? I was on the bed for four hours and ended up not having any sleep at all. -_- I'm so jealous of them lol.

Unless I stay awake for days (like more than 48 hours - I once went 58 hours w/out sleep) then yeah, I could fall asleep almost right away, otherwise no..

• I've been trying to sleep for 3 hours now, it's 5:15 am, I don't have a clue how am I going to wake up for college -_-

• Usually yes, I fall asleep right away. That's cause I don't go to sleep unless I'm super sleepy already.

• Unless I am beyond exhausted where my eyelids are constantly falling shut, it takes me a while to fall asleep. I have too many thoughts that run through my head.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e6278fc0c7.jpg

• i know this feeling

• Such a bad feeling. Although, it did help me when I was in high school and college. There would be days that I'd forget to do an assignment/homework. I'd be in bed trying to fall asleep when I'd suddenly remember to do them. Saved me from losing points here and there, so... thanks for that, brain? Haha.

• No only I'm exhausted and even then sometimes I still can't it takes me forever to fall a sleep. As you can see I'm still up 😐

• hah, hell no. takes me at least an hour, if I'm lucky. mind always racing.

• Thanks for making me shit my frilly lace panties.

• Umm if i'm really exhausted yes i will sleep immediately, other times i will be texting the boyfriend and i fall asleep texting him hehe :P

• I usually watch tv or read because it's the only time of day I'm alone. When I decide to go to sleep it typically takes less than 3 minutes lol

• Depends on day, if i'm actually tired takes me about 5 minutes, if i'm not but need to go bed then i lay there for like 3 hrs before sleeping.

• I take forever to fall asleep.

• No, I don't. I have chronic onset insomnia. It usually takes me between 30 minutes and 2 hours to fall asleep, sometimes more. If I take a tranquilizer, it can take a bit less, but I can't take those all the time.

• It's not fun. The average person falls asleep in around 7 minutes, even if they think it takes longer. Taking hours to fall asleep seriously cuts into sleep quality.

• my sleep can be really bad too-_-

• I love sailor moon and I would watch it but I naturally fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed

• Depends when im really dead tired, I fall asleep so quickly, if im not, i normally lie there for ages :")

• I usually fall asleep very quickly. If i am so tired sometimes i cannot sleep because of fatique.

• I've been in bed since 11pm. It's 3:53am now. So I'm gonna go with no lol.

• Nah. Can't stop thinking about tomorrow..

• Most nights yes I do.

• Takes me forever so i give up and don't sleep.

• Nah, I usually spend a few hours on my phone before I fall asleep with it still in my hand.

• no. usually takes me at least an hour before i fall asleep unless i'm super tired.

• No I have a lot of trouble going to bed :(

• I wish! I mean i keep rethinking and planning for a lot of things in my head

• Lol no. It takes multiple hours.

• I do. And sometimes when I'm already half-asleep, I feel like the bed is literally spinning and I am falling into God-knows-where. And I jolt myself awake.

• When alone I sleep within 5 minutes. When not alone, it can take hours before I fall asleep.