Do you say dinner or supper?

• Dinner
  • Supper
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Dinner usually refers to the most significant and important meal of the day, which can be the noon or the evening meal; supper is an evening meal, typically a light or informal one. On a ship, when the ship is underway, Dinner is used for "lunch" and supper is used as what most people refer to as dinner. The most important meal for most people in a 24 hour cycle is the noon meal since that's when most of the crew is awake.

Most Helpful Girl

• Duh, first of all, breakfast. This is simplest; it's the first meal of the day in the morning.

In the middle of the day, you might have lunch or dinner. Lunch sounds more informal or more typical, particularly for people who are working.

In the evening, you might have dinner or supper. I think that people who have a quick lunch in the middle of the day will say they have dinner in the evening and this dinner will be a good meal.

A supper is usually a light meal and is probably had after a larger dinner has been had in the middle of the day.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 12

• dinner. i remember a few friends when i was younger had parents who would say supper but i haven't heard anyone call it that in decades

• I have always known the 5 as Breakfast then lunch, then tea, then dinner, then supper.

• I usually call it Supper

• Tea (not to be confused with afternoon tea). It's only supper if you're up north, and only dinner if it's in a restaurant.

• I like to say Supper but say dinner when talking to people outside the family

• We say dinner, but i've read in a chapter/lesson in 10th grade book.
    The lesson is"A Letter to God" there is a sentence,"The women called the children for SUPPER" It is sure it was evening time then.

• I say din din lol

• deffo dinner, not supper

• dinner because I'm not from the south thank god

• Strange question.. But interesting.. I can't recall when last I heard supper...

• I say dinner as I don't eat before 20:00 hours.
    Supper is meant to be between 5-6

• Dinner and Supper are not the same...
    Supper is a light evening meal, usually the last meal of the day.
    Dinner usually refers to the most significant and important meal of the day, along with Lunch.
    Basically, Dinner is larger meal, and its served earlier than Supper... however, definition varies from country to country.

What Girls Said 12

• I say "dinner." I don't know why... if it's a regional thing or just what you've grown up hearing. My paternal grandmom says "supper," and my dad switches back and forth. My mom says "dinner." Both terms are used around this area, but I've heard "dinner" more often.

• It depends where I'm at. When I'm with my grandma, supper means lunch and dinner is dinner. We say supper with my dad too, but my mom says dinner. I use either.

• Dinner and supper lol. This happens when you lived in a country where most of the hawkers and food stalls are open 24/7. We have dinner at approx 7-8PM, then if you're still hungry at 10-11PM, go have supper.

• I either call it dinner or tea.

• i say dinner

• Dinner, it sounds nicer to me, too 😅

• I say dinner. only people in some east coast states say supper I think.

• in our house at least it went like this - 5 to 6pm ish was Tea, 7 to 9pm was dinner and anything you ate just before bed was called supper!

• I say dinner

• I say dinner.

• neither
    I just say we're going to eat or we had food.

• I've always said dinner.