What do you do if you accidentally scratch a parked car?

I accidentally scraped the bumper of a parked car in a parking lot today. The person wasn't there and my parents would kill me (they gave me their old SUV and im really bad at parking not that that's an excuse) so I left. What am I supposed to do? I've heard its good to leave insurance information but that sounds extreme! I just scared the bumper a little and I feel terrible but I didn't know what to do!

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't ever see myself in this scenario but if I scratched someone else's car and the damage was really excessive I might wait to see if the owners come back. if not I'll leave a note with contact info. if its a piece of shit car then I don't give a fuck, most likely they don't either.

What Guys Said 4

• leave, don't look back. just leave.

• I had a situation when a guy got away with scratching my car in parking lot. And I could not do anything with it... Now I just put on the magnetic protection I got from http://dentgoalie.com website every single time I park somewhere in order to be sure that my car will not get any damage

• well, a bumper respray i guess if that is what it needs in uk would be around £200 i guess 300 dollars or so. presuming no panel dents or damage. I would own up, but then i haven't ever done it so its easy for me to say

• RUN.. and make sure the parking lot has no cameras

What Girls Said 0