Is it okay to throw the first punch at someone who is harassing you respeatably?

Ok I am in high school and some kid in my grade has been talking shit about me for a few weeks now but now it has escalated very quickly before he would get up in my face and tell me I am nothing and such and I would tell him to get out of my face and not to talk down on me. Now he is starting to get more people on his side so I can't hold my ground, and today him and his friends someone in our grade and a senior which is in a tenth grade class (he's kinda dumb tbh) I can't get a teacher or another adult involved otherwise it will get worse I have dealt with people like this before but that was back in elementary school didn't think I would have to deal with it again. So if he continues harassing me, trying to embarrass me, and get multiple people to mess with me, do you think I have the right to kick his ass without having to go to court. by the way he fakes throwing punches on people a lot so if he does that to me I may end up punching him because I will think he was going to hit me. by the way I might be able to go up to him with a group of my. older friends and tell him to knock it off because he always picks on me when he has a group

• Yes you should have the right to kick his ass
  • No you shouldn't unless he hits first
  • Other please put suggestions in the comments

Most Helpful Girl

• No matter what, I believe you should get a parent or teacher involved in this.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes you have the right to kick his ass, just wait till he does that fake punch thing, you might also want your friends for back up

• Yeah that's what I was thinking I was just wondering if I had the right to do it because tbh anger is still clouding my head

• Alright I could also say that I felt my physical health was in danger

What Girls Said 4

• Violence is never a good idea. If you want to take one swing and claim you did it n self defense because you thought he was going to hit you, then go ahead, but be prepared if you don't get away with it.

You say telling will make things worse but what evidence do you have to back I it up?

I would fight back with words. What exactly are they saying? If you can't be sarcastic and turn it back on him, try putting him on the spot. Like, “If you're trying to get my attention because you have a crush on me, sorry but I don't swing that way” or “I'd be flattered that you take so much time to pay attention to me if I actually gave an iota of a fuck about you.” That kind of stuff.

• I usually do have arguments with him a lot but that's a good idea

• People mess with you so long as they get a reaction they're satisfied with. I don't think you should fight unless it is legitimate self defense, in which case you just aim to incapacitate, not beat someone to a pulp. It doesn't take any intellect to throw a punch which is why I think witty or snarky remarks are better. You play yourself up and hit their ego without outright insulting them.

• for legal reasons let yourself be hit 3 times times then it can be considered self defense. if he does get physical, beat his ass in!

• Alright makes sense I guess

• Thanks I've dealt with this kind of thing before just not on this level

• aw man that sucks hope things work out for you man

• let him hit you first but i say don't back down and stay so strong that you basically provoke him to hit you first... then kick his ass

• I get that you want to knock the little shit's teeth down his throat, like really I do. I was bullied in school for years and used to get into fights a fair bit. It doesn't really help though. You need to go to a teacher who has a lot of authority to sort it out.

I do get that that doesn't always help. My advice would be to try and avoid him, hang out with your own friendship group, and wait it out, as much as that sucks. If he literally attacks you of course you need to defend yourself. But beating him up's only going to get you in trouble, which you don't deserve at all because this situation isn't your fault.

I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with this, don't let idiots like this guy wear you down <3

• He does it in middle of class I've tried getting a teacher to help but I'm not going to tell on someone

• Well see I used to have the same kind of anti snitching attitude. Like if I told a teacher what was happening it would mean I was weak.

But bullying is not something anyone should have to deal with on their own. I'm in favour in fact of schools stopping calling it bullying and instead calling it what it is, which is abuse.

If someone treated you like this in adult life, you'd be seen as perfectly reasonable for reporting them to an authority. Adults wouldn't be expected to tolerate this kind of thing, so why should teenagers?

It's like high school is this weird limbo for social norms, and my advice is don't play the game. You don't have to do it in front of everyone, but just note down the date and time and what he does maybe, and take that in private to your teacher or preferably someone further up the school like your head of year or someone.

What Guys Said 4

• NEVER throw the first punch, that's how criminal charges come to be in the first place. I suggest you make him throw the first punch but just make sure he hits you in any other are other than the FACE. Once he does, then you go for the strike and hit him back. That way you take out your stored anger out but can also get him into trouble for initiating.

• Look, either you're going to beat his ass or get disrespected around the school a lot to the point where anybody feels that they can TEST you if not take your IPOD without a fuck given at lunch time. Because they know.. well think that you aren't going to do anything about it in the 1st place #SadButTrue.

And Imma tell you like I told my homie back then "either way this goes you're going to be a winner in my mind. Because even if you lose this fight people/I will respect you more that way. When compared to allowing some punk to get in your face all day long".

And you can #SNITCH if you want but Imma tell ya right now "YOU'RE GOING TO BE BULLIED THE REST OF YOUR TIME AT THAT SCHOOL" So yeah... fight for your respect or sit around like a coward and get picked on the rest of your time at that school #YourChoice ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/aCrov5G.gif

• Crack his ass with right hook then a couple of elbows... and he'll shut the fuck the up then HAHAHAHAHAH

• or get disrespected a lot around the school to the point *

• Yup punch face, kick nuts and stomp on foot. You don't even have to run just walk away

• Good idea I'll prevent the next batch of retards from ever being born

• Lmao yeah I'm not going to nail him in the nuts lol that wouldn't end good for me lol

• Neither would any of the other options.