Do you collect anything?

I dont have a collection of any kind. I mean i have a few things that i have a lot of but i dont know

Most Helpful Girl

• Cuddly toys but while I never want to get rid of the ones I have I'm aiming to stop getting new ones as I have like over 400 and it's a bit ridiculous :$ (I just have a lot of sentimental attachment to them..)

If it counts I've kept journals since I was 8 and I love buying new books to journal in

• I actually have all my stuffed animals from when i was little, they are all in a bag in my closet and i refuse to get rid of them. I kept all the toys that were my favorites

• I have this gizmo (from the gremlins) stuffed animal that i won in a claw machine from when i was like 9. Maybe younger. I can't find him though :(
      I remember when i was little my favorite stuffed cat that i did everything with went missing and i cried for a week. I later found out my mom threw it out. I STILL bring it up to her sometimes lmao

• Aww that sounds traumatic! How could she do that? :'(

I think my being super attached to things maybe stems from moving house a few times when I was a kid. I was really young the first time but I remember stuff went missing, as it will do when you move. The second time though we were living with my stepdad's mother for ages while in the process of buying a new house and there wasn't room there for most of our stuff so it was in storage. Some of the boxes got wet and a load of things were destroyed :(

I hope Gizmo shows up <3

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never seriously collected anything. But at one time or another I've collected quite a few things. Coins, tools (especially mechanic tools), computer games, vinyl records, Music CDs, books, matchbooks, post cards, travel brochures, maps, rocks, drafting instruments/templates, nomographs (yea, that's pretty darn nerdy), matchbox cars.

What Girls Said 7

• I collect coffee mugs and silver rings. I buy one of either (or both) during every vacation we go to, when it is a new place. So every time I have coffee/tea or wear one of those rings, I instantly remember the trip.
    I also collect vintage watches, unfortunately it is a pricey hobby, but the hunt for a new piece is half of the fun anyway. I can stalk a new find for months, finding out about production years, calibers and movements and editions, to get the right one for the right price. I have a set, yearly budget for this so I don't go nuts lol

• If I described a couple of watches and maybe took some pics, could you tell me something about them? I don't mean do research, but if you happen to know anything off the top of your head? Both are pocket watches. One is an Elgin (or maybe Elbin?). I'd have to get a magnifying glass to read the other.

• @NearlyNapping I'm not very informed about pocket watches unfortunately, sorry :-( (anyway, the brand is Elgin)

• OK thanks. :)

• Well.. I brought my stuffed toys all the way across the ocean to Australia with me when I moved here lol! I might not be planning to buy new ones (well unless someone give it to me as a gift ahah) cause I have hundreds of em already and it's crazy. 🙊

I collect seashells, button badges and books. Books as in notebooks where the cover page is plain, so I'd doodle my own design on it.

• i collect seashells :)

• I used to collect a bunch of things; marbles, stickers, fancy cards, etc.

Right now, none of those.

Just stationary products maybe.

• I collect pins from wherever I travel.

• I collect shotglasses, Pokemon cards, bitches, mugs, books. :3

• Sea glass
    ...

What Guys Said 7