Which is the best martial art for me?

I've studied and practiced many martial arts, but not to a master's level. Which is the best art for street encounters.
I'm leaning toward Okinawan Karate. I've done mostly Chinese martial arts like Bajiquan and Wing Chun, and while I find them execellet in many respects, I'm not feeling their effectiveness in street fights.

I think I'll stick to Jeet Kune Do, but since it's open ended martial art anyway. I'll add Boxing, Judo, BJJ and some Karate and Muay Thai kicks.

Most Helpful Guy

• a realistic and practical style, the obvious choices are Muay Thai and Brazilian Jui Jitsui.

Muay Thai - aggressive fighting style, jabs, hooks, crosses, elbows, knees, kicks, thats all you need. none of that waiting to counter/parry then go on the offense while deflecting their attacks at the same time, that is pretty unrealistic in a real street fight and you only see that shit in movies.

Brazilian Jui Jitsu - 80% of all fights go to the ground, it is imperative you know your ground work in order to have the upper hand over an inexperienced ground fighter. Even white belts fuck up any person who doesn't know how to fight on the ground instantly.

What Girls Said 1

• Aikido. Uses counter attacks. So if someone comes at you, you use their own energy in movements to cause them to hurt themselves. I find it more peaceful. Protecting yourself without exceeding necessary violence.

• I like it too, but it's very situational in a fight. Like your opponents needs to grab you, which is difficult to defend against when they wants to judo throw you.
      Thanks for the reply.

What Guys Said 3

• In terms of practical moves that you'd actually use Muay Thai and BJJ are probably the best.

However, if you're focus is self defense just scrap martial arts and do Krav Maga.

• I think Krav Maga.

• I think the old school Boxing one, kick box and some Judo might be able to help out