Do you think that if you try you can fall for anyone in this world?

Seems like a 'silly' question.. But I was just thinking, if we really really force ourselves to 'love' someone that's so horrible and bad.. Can we? If we really try.. So if we try, we can make ourselves fall for anyone, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I would disagree. You can't force yourself to love someone. I would imagine every arranged marriage would be happy if that were the case and many less divorces would happen each year.

I get the feeling that many couples want to love the other person wholeheartedly, but they simply cannot because they don't have chemistry and such. If couples have issues with it, I doubt one could just fall in love with some completely random and horrible person.

Some things aren't meant to work. Forcing them makes it worse.

Most Helpful Girl

• We can try, often without success. If certain factors just aren't there such as compatible values and personalities and often, attraction. It would be very hard to fall for someone if those three things did not exist. I don't think it would be the right thing to do. Real love should never be forced because true love should be built.

What Guys Said 9

What Girls Said 9

• HELL NO! I personally think you can't control who you really fall for, it just happens.

• No, you cannot force yourself to love someone.
    Love is supposed to be natural, and you should enjoy your time being with the person you love.
    You should be able to talk to them, and tell them your thoughts freely.
    Don't force yourself to love someone you don't.
    You'll be cheating him/her of a real relationship, and you'll also be cheating yourself.
    If you love him, then you do. If you don't, then that's that.

• as for your question.. love cannot be forced.. it happens when it happens.. can be with a horrible person but still it will happen without trying

• No, I don't think so.
    That's just not how love works for me and there has to be an initial attraction be it on a physical or psychological level..

• He'll no if they are horrible people. Can barely love good people. Love is an action. Takes work.

• I don't have to force myself to "love" someone who is horrible and bad, every single guy I've ever gotten attracted to and developed feelings for has been horrible and bad.

• Nope because after a point your subconscious is going to point out you don't truly love them. Even if you make yourself believe it 100% on a conscious level.

• no true love can never be forced

• There's always exceptions to a rule. I honestly can't bring myself to love or even tolerate certain types of people (like rapists and child molesters). I just can't do it.

There are some guys in grey areas that have done some bad things, but aren't as severe that I could maybe try... but I dunno. This is a good question.