How do love yourself when you are just starting to like yourself?

After realizing the reason you barely like yourself was cause of superficial things, how do you start to love yourself, so that in the future others will love you back?

Most Helpful Girl

• My therapist told me something important: you don't have to love yourself, but you're allowed to. It's not about loving yourself all the time and being okay with every single aspect of yourself - it's about opening a positive relationship with yourself. There can be things about yourself that you want to change. There can be things about yourself that you will never like. The important thing, though, is that you give yourself permission to like and even love these things because they are a part of you. And as Doctor Seuss says, there's no one in the universe you-er than you.

• How does this help others to love me because I love myself?

• I wouldn't let them say that about yourself. But what I would tell them doesn't have the same effect on myself. It's like I can't change myself with my own thoughts.

• You can, honey, it just takes practice. Positive self-talk is difficult at first but it gets easier the more you do it. It might help you to go to a therapist for a few visits to get some personalized techniques.

What Girls Said 2

• Key is to stop seeking validation from others. After that, it just takes time to become the type of person you want to be and can admire.

• Validation from others is a HUGE problem of mine. But I don't know how to stop that.

• You have to think “What will happen if they think this about me?” and learn that the answer is “nothing. Nothing will happen.” It takes lots of practice and time, but it's doable.

• I have a hard time being patient if I don't see the rewards in sight. I am a victim of instant gradification.

• We start by doing the things we love! I love anime and rock! I haven't found a hobby yet but when I have money I am plan on it... Anyway I enjoy running! So, just try to do things you like or want to do!

• what about loving you are on the inside and the kind of person you are?

• That was very encouraging. Thank you for sharing your story with me. I will try to be my own lover. :)

• Are you really 36? I thought guy that age had everything go for them? Boy was I wrong!!! Anyway, you seem like a cool guy I'll pm you when I am bored!! Hahha see ya !!!

What Guys Said 0