Why are guitarists so egotiscal?

I am a big guitar player myself, for a long time now, and all the other guitar players I've met, except maybe a couple, have been extremely egotisical and try to be extremely competitive in just a simple jam session. I refuse to join a group with two guitarists. But I just don't understand, some of these guys aren't even good and still have that mentality. To be honest, I have zero of this attitude in me, I just don't understand where it comes from.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think all artists have this mentality

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, the ones I've met are so afraid as being labeled as egotistical show-offs that they try very hard to act humble about it. Including myself.

Which is sad.

So please stop.

What Girls Said 1

• Yea, I was with a guy who played, and he was definitely an egotistical ***hole... Haha. I'm not sure it's because he plays guitar tho, there were many other factors contributing to his "outstanding Ego"

What Guys Said 0