It's the Thanksgiving in Canada. What are you all up to this long weekend?

Just checking in to see what you are all up to this weekend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well Happy Thanksgiving!

Do y'all do the turkey and dressing thing too, or is it all, like caribou and poutine? With Molson on ice? I mean, since I'm an American, I don't know anything about what happens north of the border and all.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• What do you guys do and eat and why is it called Thanksgiving in Canada? We have Thanksgiving in late Nov every year

• Thanksgiving is not really a special day here in Belgium... but I'm spending a nice weekend with my hobby and with most probably tomorrow a nice walk to relax before the next week of hard work :D

• Yes & the weather is nice for this time of year + 18 today 20+ on Sunday.

• No we have had nice weather most of the summer. A little hot at times but nice.

• Same here... a little very hot at times - over 35 degrees on more than one occasion :-(

• Happy Thanksgiving!

I got a flat tire today lol and studying for my 3 tests. That is it

How about you?

• Cottage!!! Wooohoooo

You?

• Nothing really, I'm watching the Ohio State game right now. I'll be watching my Browns tomorrow but that's really about it

• Going to see my family and have turkey

What Girls Said 5

• Everything is breaking due to cooler weather pouring in - thanks for the weather, Canada (really a relief) but have to fix or be around for repairmen, no outings, no sports & no football favs on TV
    Monday is DWTS on ABC TV prime time... is the best outlook

... and you? Turkey roasted or something else?

• No turkey this year opted for ham instead. Oh & the weather is beautiful calling for +20 C. today.

• It was a compromise. Even a small turkey is way to much for only 4 of us.

• ... and when we were poor, we all had turkey pot pies
      Agreed that the leftovers all week can be boring. One good turkey sandwich with Durkees, et al. during a ball game does it for me... no tetrazzini, etc. leftovers for this gal

• Yesterday I went on a hike for 5 hours and burned 1600 calories (much of the hike was up hill)

Today I am having a Thanksgiving dinner with my cousin's family and my aunt who recently flew over from China to babysit my niece.

Tomorrow I plan on doing homework and maybe walking for 2-4 hours.

• I don't understand why it's celebrated in October since Thanksgiving is about coming together for a meal before Christmas to me (well not exactly before but you know). Did the native americans do something during October in Canada?

• The holiday in Canada is about giving thanks for a bountiful harvest.

• ordering Christmas and birthday gifts and then studying for midterms

• Getting ready foe Christmas so soon?

• my family takes Christmas seriously so compared to them i am a little late. there is some stuff i am glad i am ordering now because according some of the gifts won't show up until late November to mid December i will just wrap them, put them in my closet, and throw a blanket over them

• Happy thanksgiving!!!

Not a long weekend for us in the U. S. But I have to work all weekend :/

• Yes you guys Thanksgiving is Nov sometime if I remember correct?