Do you believe restroom signs are placed wrong actually?

We’ll see dis sign often in public restrooms…

then there comes dis pic:

so…do u believe public restrooms suggest us to sit in an unhealthy unnatural squatting position whilst their “no” is da correct way?

• yeah... shame on 'em...
  • nope they r right...

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Most western toilets arnt designed to take the distribution of weight of an adult squatting on them like that, further they generally are fairly thin rimmed, and if someone were to try squatting with their feet up on the rim, and they slipped, fell and hurt themselves (or the toilet broke) they could very well stand a chance of sueing the buisness. Hence why you see those signs most often in big cities which see a lot of international travel.

• I was going to say this, also I saw a YouTube video of a guy squatting in a toilet, it breaks and he gets a HUGE chunk of porcelain through his ass, he had to have it removed on the hospital - it was seriously gruesome! Lucky he didn't severe an artery.

• ... Gah. That wasn't a mental image I needed. Lol.

& Thanks for the MHO op.

What Girls Said 3

• I've never seen directions like that in a restroom lmfao
    But it's just as easy to shit one way or the other
    Not everyone can bend their legs like that comfortably. (Old people, people with knee probables, joint problems, muscle problems..)

• A lot of people couldn't do what was depicted in the picture.

I think I would be open to use a squatting toilet so long as my knees could handle it.

• ummm... can't u squat properly?

• I'm referring to when I get old.
      And actually, my knees aren't perfect. Bad knees run in the family.
      But I would be open to it until my knees gave out.

• WTF? I have never seen this.

What Guys Said 5

• This is what they still use in much of France (they call it 'toilette turque')

images.ssstatic.com/...ter-1195792z0-000000132.jpg

This is the result:

a402.idata.over-blog.com/.../ToilettesTurques.jpg

Imagine what a dirty stinking mess it becomes when people start squatting on the rim of of a normal toilet... :-P

• It's due to the difference in toilets around the world... a lot are made to squat on, but on what you'd see as a 'seated' toilet it's not designed to have someone squat on it so it has a warning.

• So long as the job can be done in a non painful way, I don't see a problem.

• The reason why they say no is because normal toilets are not designed to be used that way and if you do you are a moron and can inflict yourself an injury.

• I've never seen that sign before lol