"A year changes you a lot" - do you agree?

Have you changed a lot since this time last year? Do you feel it has been all positive change or all negative? Perhaps a healthy dose of both?

im very different than I was a year ago. And it's all influenced by one person, which is wild for me to realize.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, hopefully every year you are different. If not, grow.

Most Helpful Girl

• Heck yeah I do. My world has basically been totally turned upside down this year. I've spent the better part of the year stressing. And I think back to last year and the stress I had and it's been a monumental change. I really hope that 2016 is a better year.

What Guys Said 14

• Holy hell life can change A LOT in a year. My life has changed quite a bit this year. I think I've grown as a person positively over the course of this year. I've been performing very well in school, I'm trying to get back into great shape, and I'm single again which has been a mostly positive experience because I've learned and grown a lot as a person. It's also weird slowly noticing women again and taking an interest in women again. I forget what that's like when I'm in a relationship because I become focused on one woman lol

Life is a constant learning experience and I love the hell out of it.

• Hey I realized that I didn't ask you about your changes? Have you had positive/negative changes?

• I'll keep that in mind thanks 😁

• You're welcome!

• Yeah I have changed so much in last year but it has kinda being about a 4 year work in progress - My life was all over the place and I have been just climbing out of a deep hole and it has taken a long time but I am getting there now - It is very hard to put into words because it was a very internal change, I hate to say the words in case I am being foolish but I think I finally grew up.

• Yes, I agree it can change you a lot. I haven't changed too much from this year compared to last year but from 2012 to 2013, I changed a lot with the experiences I've had with work.

• It changes a little, not a lot. One year is nothing. I think it will only change you a lot if something really impressive happens.

• Funny someone just said something similar to me not to long ago, and yes it could it just depends on what happens within that year.

• I haven't really changed in the last 3 years.

• I haven't changed any since last year was exactly the same as previous year, but i see your point. With that "someone" significant change can happen even i a month.

• life was more fun a year ago

but now I have cash, a job, I'm doing excellent in college, but I have lost contact with almost all my highschool friends.

it's a boring routine

• it can, it doesn't always but it can

• This applies as soon as you hit 24 I think. Be prepared :P

• Yup that's true, and most probably changes are always +ve

• Women shouldn't have their own identity... only defined by the man who owns you

• disagree. i've stayed the same pretty much all my life

• That one crush of yours huh?

No I don't change. I haven't changed at all. Things have happened, but I'm still the same. I believe in individuality. Never losing who I am. Remaining true to my essential being.

• former* crush.

You can still be who you are and change. And if you can't, then that's your own problem to sort through.

• I'm not taking about changing to fit someone else's ideal. I'm talking about becoming more confident, etc.

• That's part of it too though. I'm not saying you shouldn't be more confident, because that's you. If you feel you should be more confident then you should seek to become more confident. However, I don't feel like confidence is always a good thing. People seem to think that though.

What Girls Said 8

• Hmmm I think it could yes. New experiences, memories, people.. I'm sure it does change you somehow maybe not a lot, but to a certain extent. I think I've grown up a bit more, become more chilled and have gotten my goals in line. I'd say it has mostly been positive yes.

• For me, I definitely agree. I changed a lot within the past year. Got fitter, a ton more confident. Even more into my studies, actually enjoying my classes now. More independent. Actually thinking about big life changes that are no longer years and years away like graduating, moving out, bringing up marriage with my boyfriend...

Much more beating to the beat of my own drum and not letting what I do be so affected and hindered by what other people think. :)

• Yes, I agree. This year has been rough on me with many negatives. I'm still a good person, I think, but the events from this year have caused me to become more depressed, stressed, and anxious than I've ever been before. Here's to hoping this coming year will be better!

• Yes, I think I'm a little bit different. I'm more mature and I'm stronger. But I still have a long way to go.

• i think i have changed as a person somewhat. im still growing and learning so my ideas and thoughts will always change.
    my life has changed an incredible amount. soo much has happened, and things are looking up now. overall it's positive.

• yes. i've discovered new things about myself which i didn't realize before. my worldview has also changed dramatically. this is all thanks to one person's lie to me, which is crazy.

• I change a lot from year to year and that isn't a bad thing. I'm learning-- I agree entirely.

• My whole life basically flip flopped in just a year. I transferred schools, I went from being a nobody to kinda popular, I got a whole new wardrobe, a whole new look, dyed my hair, lost weight, got a new attitude, found some confidence, and somehow turned into a presentable human being.