In your opinion, what are the worst inventions ever made?

For me, guns and nuclear weapons. We really fuck it all up with those...

What else you can think of?

Most Helpful Girl

• Only thing I can think of besides guns and nuclear weapons is.. the beep test.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Chopsticks. Not sure how you except to eat small food with it.

• Nuclear bombs

Cigarettes

Weapons of mass destruction

• hair in a can or oxygen bars

What Guys Said 7

• I agree with you on that. Weapons of mass destruction, including guns. How I wish we were in a world feree of these!

• If there were no guns, nations would have continued to fight with sharp objects like swords. I think guns actually helped create order in society in a way given they gave power to law enforcement. Also if law enforcement only had swords or axes we would have to have a much higher percentage of officers to have the same impact which would cost more and realistically wouldn't be maintained so order would regress. Of course it would be great if everyone got along and there was no need to deflect crime but of course that's not reality.

I think the nuke is a terrible weapon but I also think the concept of developing it was pretty much enviable. Maybe it will actually prevent war because of the threat of retaliation. Name a country with a nuke that has had war with another country with a nuke. Having them I believe is pretty necessary in order to intimidate an aggressor that has one. Imagine if a country with a regime that wanted to conquer other countries (imo probably Russia) only had it. Of course it would be great if the phenomenon wasn't possible but I don't think the sun could actually exist without it.

I don't know the worst invention. Maybe the dmv (department of motor vehicles) or this
    http://i.imgur.com/7YsHFzQ.jpg

• Well, yeah that's very disturbing. What an idiotic thing to invent XD

I have to disagree about the gun situation though. If anything, all those drug dealers, and thugs having firearms at their disposal has created terrible damage in our communities, seeing things macro what about terrorists and such? Just last week a girl was killed because two street bands where shooting themselves, probably because of the most retarded reasons.

I really don't feel comfortable walking down the street with the existent possibility being shot right in the head to be robbed or simply because an idiot just "felt like it". It really bothers me how a coward feels so over-empowered with a gun in his hand and a bag of coke in his pocket. If we were using swords actually it will almost be hand in hand combat, up front, fighting so it will be at least better in that sense. Law enforcement would have done just as good with arrows and swords if no one else could fabricate those and having no training.

• You're right. Guns can give one or a small group of people the ability to do a lot of harm. I think there are pros and cons to guns. Believe me; I'm not a fan in general. What I meant is if there were no guns, I bet there would be many negative consequences as well.

Aren't the odds of being shot when not provoking someone extremely low though? I'm much much more concerned about someone running into me with a car or a medical problem. I don't remember feeling scared of a person shooting me.

I have a feeling there would be many people that would find ways to organize crime and violence without guns. I don't know what the answer is. Tbh I try and focus on the more enjoyable parts of life. It's sad so many people will kill each other though.

• Vibrators... seriously how can we compete with it. It not only inserts... but vibrates 😭

• McDonalds...
    @justbanANNAz she was one of the worst so was @vishna

• the self-istick, that has to be the worst think ever

• Romneycare, which was later adopted nationally as Obamacare

• Voting. Dumb fucking idea.