Why do so many people not wash their hands after using the restroom?

I see so many people using the public bathrooms and leaving without washing their hands. Some even take a shit and leave without washing their hands. I don't know why. It only takes few seconds. Why are so many people like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• tbh i dunno but that's not hygienic at all

• Have you noticed the same thing in female restrooms? Or I wonder if it's just mainly guys who don't wash their hands.

• i've seen this in female restrooms too

Most Helpful Guy

• Good. Question. Ugh...

What Girls Said 3

• Because people think no one would notice.

• Well, the rest of the people who also used the bathrooms noticed. Plus it only takes a few seconds. Not to mention, you're harming yourself more than anyone else due to bad hygiene.

• Yes that is true.

• Yuck! Maybe it's because they think their shit don't stink?

• ew that is so gross!!! i wash my hands even when i use my home's restroom...

What Guys Said 3

• I have noticed it too! Unfortunately, personal hygiene is not really on the list of priorities for a lot of people! :P

• I don't know, but darn didn't their parents teach them this? You must know this as a child already

• I wonder the same. It's gross.