Which is a better place to live: Sweden or Canada?

I have a feeling Canada might slightly be less racist. Normally I'm a fan of America, but it's in deep shit and I'm not gonna throw myself in another hellhole when I'm already in one.

• Sverige
  • Canada

Most Helpful Guy

• Distances in Canada are too great and winter temperatures are too low for me.
    In Canada they look down on Inuits and on French speaking Quebecois (who return them the favor).
    In Sweden Eskimo's aren't really highly considered either.

• I'm neither Inuit or French but I'm Turkish.

• Lol if ur Turkish i'd go to Canada. Europe and turks dont have such a great history

• I know European Turks who live like hell and ones who live great lives. Thanks for your opinion though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Canada is ok, it depends where in Canada. I only know of Stockholm and not other places in Sweden, but I love Stockholm. I would suggest narrowing the cities/towns you want to live in, and make a pros and cons list. Whoever has the least amount of cons should be your winner.

What Guys Said 10

• No offence to the Swedes... but of all the northern european countries I've found them to be the least welcoming, with a general air of xenophobia and a distinct assumption od 'national supremecy'...

Move to Finland. They are lovely up there.
    Or Iceland. Iceland is awesome. Lock up all the bankers, repay your national debt in record time, and dont talk about the elves.

• Canada for sure is far less racist. Toronto is probably the least racist city on the planet, literally. Even London cannot hold a candle to the great diversity seen in Toronto. Half of all Torontonians were born outside of Canada. More than half were born outside of the city. I'm from Hamilton myself, but one day plan on moving to Toronto. Love the city.

• if you come to Canada, make sure you live in Toronto or Vancouver or any other big diverse city. apparently the smaller towns are pretty racist.

• Well theorically they can't be. If they're racist to me, I'll just remind them they're living on stolen land.

• Suuure

• "they didn't steal it, they conquered it. "
      Just colonialist semantics.

• Depends on what you want. You're obviously underage and you're making this decision based on that "America is a hell hole and I'm already in one".
    Go where ever you want, just leave your bad attitude in your home country.

• Bad attitude? 95 people got bombed in my home country yesterday! You can't dare to tell me it's not a hellhole. In USA places like LA are cool, but in general it's pretty fucked up and seems to be getting worse. You can't be dumb enough to think I'm making a decision, it was one of my options and I can't believe I have to explain such a simple thing.

And don't refer me as underage. Talking about countries has no age limit. I'm not under-anything, I'm a teenager.

• You started off by saying my country is a hellhole. If you've never lived in America then you have no right to judge me either.
      Just stay in whatever third world shit-hole you live in because coming to Canada would be too close to me.

• Oh, I hurt your little feelings? Your insecurity is showing so bad, LOL

• I'd say Canada but sweden is good too.

• sweden their accents are cute and they have brilliant internet

• Scotland is a better place to live

• It's in UK which is very hard & expensive to immigrate to

• I'll say Canada...

• More open minded and exciting

• Never been to either but I'd say Sweeden cause it's in Europe. I know they say in Canada people aren't racist but generally in Europe people aren't very racist either

• Yeah I know, but I can't decide

What Girls Said 2

• Eh the prime minister here in Canada that we are hopefully not gonna reelect fucked us over. Wait a few years for the new guy to fix the country and then consider coming over

• I have relatives and friends in Canada and they love it. I would personally prefer to live in North America over Europe for multiple reasons (besides the UK, the UK is cool).