What do you think of my Halloween costume makeup?

i am going as a sugar skull and today was my test run i already know i am going to have to do something with my hair
what do you think of my Halloween costume makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• ... your face isn't the right shape for that look. You look like a rapist clown.

• its a sugar skull but good to know

• good to know. now run along

• again when you get your phd you can tell me when i need medication ms. duck lips @lovelywiz

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like "notmyusername15" has personal issues with clowns. If you can link a Halloween costume/make up transformation to a rape situation (by the shape of somebody who you have never even met's face). You need to sort your issues.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it looks great. Don't listen to them idiots that tells you otherwise and no YOU DO NOT look like a rapist clown; they have to be sick-minded in order to even think that in the first place.

• thank you. i dont even know what compels someone to call another human being a rapist

• "The Crow" if it starred Raggedy Andy.

https://youtu.be/3Lq9NGTN8Pc

What Girls Said 4

• Think you did a good job but I worry about cultural appropriation in this context. The Day of the Dead is a really important Mexican holiday about honoring their deceased family. I kind of get the feeling it would be like someone dressing up as like an American at a wake or something.

I think it's awesome to appreciate what a cool and vibrant cultural tradition it is, but not so cool to reduce it to a Halloween costume.

Do you have other costume aspects that can be repurposed into a different costume? Maybe like Frida Kahlo or a painting?

• well i am part latina even if i dont look like it. This was all made at home i wish i had the money for face paints but its all going to school and it would be even cooler if i had the money for a frida kahlo painting my makeup was made from eyeshadows, lipsticks, and eyeliners i never use. my mom is half latina and is an artist in her free time maybe i can talk her into doing my makeup?

• thanks it took me an hour and a lot of hot glue but it was so worth it. the way i see it, is if you dont mean it in an offensive way its fine and i promise you i won't tell racist jokes i have a very dry sense of humor anyways. my mom was born in southern california but grew up in mexico until she was 15 and she talked me into doing something different and embracing her culture

• Hmm well if you're still comfortable with it I say go for it. I like your choices and think it looks really pretty

• Cool, wish I could do that. I have trouble applying lipstick properly.

• Whoa that's actually pretty scary! I would try to make the black lines more bold, but that's impressive!

• i was really annoyed with my eyeliner because it was not making the lines very bold but i think i will do the old trick of sticking it under a lighter for a few seconds

• Gotcha. You should show us the final product on halloween!

• That other guy is right you look like a rapist clown

• oh honey if you weren't so shallow and narrow-minded you might actually be pretty

• Your already pretty white so its fine. Halloween is for scary stuff so u r good

• go to hell i will see you there because i own the damn place consider this goodbye