Do you pet animals that you meet on the streets?

You know, the ones just wandering around alone... I usually do, I even go out of my way to pet them. What can I say? I love petting animals. I know it can be dangerous, but I don't give a fuck.

🐶🐱

Most Helpful Guy

• I always pet them if possible ^_^
    but I pay attention, if the dog seems aggressive then I won't do it of course, but if comes to me... sure why not :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes!!! Always 😍 I can't see an animal and not pet it. they're just so sweet and cute and cuddly and loveable. Love love love animals, especially dogs 😍😍😍😍❤❤❤💕

What Guys Said 29

• If the owner has given me permission to I will but if they have not I won't. If I randomly pet someones dog I could be mucking up what they are trying to train their dog. I do love animals and petting them though. There are actually health benefits from doing it to.

• I'm talking about ones without owners

• Then no! I would not! There pretty much no stray animals where I live. So I couldn't even if I wanted to.

• nah don't really pet strays. I lieve in a rather small town so if I recognize someone's pet that has gotten loose i'll pet them and then take them to the owners... But I don't touch strange

• Yes, sometimes I do. We don't have any stray animals in my country, so when you see a cat wandering around somewhere, you can be sure it belongs to someone and is just out for a walk. Most cats also have little collars with a metal chip on them on which it says where they live and in some cases how they are called.

• i don't initially go for the pet until the owner says its okay.

• I don't, but one of my cousing did it with a little can and named him "Fumaça" (Smoke). Well, the little animal really looks like smoke haha. He was going to die if my cousin didn't have taken him.

• one of my cousins* did it with a little cat* (lol, I messed up the sentence xD)

• *Gasp* (the language) I'm a petter. I like meeying them but I also look for ID tags. You never know when you found one who is lost and scared.

• I was jogging in the evening once and I stopped to sit down and tie my shoe laces and this cat came out of nowhere and basically begged me to pet him. Weird.

• cats: allways.
    dogs: never.

pet a cat: worst case is, you get a scratch.
    pet a dog: worst case is, you lose a limb

• Not myself, but I can understand people do that.
    And I would never harm any animal, wild or pet. But I would probably not have the time or motivation to take care of a pet :-(

• The animals i meet on the streets are women. Quite sum exotic cuties that i wanna stretch out ma arms and reached out to them and pet them to feel their warmth but i scare they might bite. :((

• Absolutely, that's how I adopted my dog actually

• Nope, too risky. I could get their fleas or some strange disease they might carry. Plus once you show affection to the street dogs here they keep on following you, which I get annoyed by because I'm not committed to keep/shelter a dog.

• I did it a couple times but the parents were upset. I told them "if you don't want your kids to get petted stop putting them on leashes"

• No, unless I ask if it's safe to pet them. I'll never pet any mean-looking dogs, like Doberman Pinchers, Bulldogs, Pitbulls, and German Shepherds.

• Sure if they'll let me, I feel sorry for a lot of them though it's sad.

• No, because I am worried they might not be receptive to strangers and might bite back. If they approach me and seem friendly I might.

• Depends on the animal, if it looks dirty af then no. :x

• I pet the fuck out of them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diip8K-UAng

• haha! chill! you can get fleas, or ticks, or they can attack you!

• We don't have strays here, but I do stroke the odd dog if it's friendly

• Yes i do as well. I like to pet animals, i always pet them and feed them if they don`t have a owner. It means a lot for the animals if you show them caring and affection~ :)

• no, you never know what those animals would do

• I don't give a shit what anyone says, a random bunny rabbit pats up to me, I'M FUCKING PETTING IT

• Hell yeah.

• Nope. I like my limbs in tact and fully functional. But ya know, I'm weird like that...

• I used to but then I got robbed by one. I still have nightmares!

• The animal could have germs.

• Nooo, not random animals. Who knows where they've been!

• i do that. i love cats so if i walk past one or it comes near me i will pet them.

What Girls Said 15

• I don't touch stray animals that wander around here. I don't see to many of them anyways as they're usually quickly picked up by Animal Services.

If I see someone walking their dog, I'm usually also walking my dogs and they'll want to meet each other. I always ask the other person if it's okay, since I don't know their dogs.

I hate it when people come right up to my dogs to pet them without asking me first.

• No, I don't. I am tempted to, but it's inappropriate to touch other people's animals without permission and I don't like asking permission so I just elect not to touch them.

• I do, but it's usually a cat. There was a cat who was basically a neighbourhood mascot. He would hang out on the front lawn of his home and greet people. He was a lovely cat but he passed away :( But I appreciated all the pets I was able to give him!

• Usually not but people pet my dog. They usually ask first.

• yes my friend and i usually text eachother if there's a particularly cute animal nearby if we're in the same area so the other can stroke it, been at it since year 8

• yes !!! i love animals

• I do :) They're my temporary babies. Haha, I've added a few to my family by petting strays.

• I do.
    A lot. o. O

• Nope. I don't pet any animals.

• I'll gauge it and feel them out before I try to.

• depends. sometimes i do

• I do all the time. That's how I met my awesome old lady neighbor with 12 cats B)

• yes i try to pet every cat i see

• Depends on how the animal looks.

• Not unless I get permission from their owner. People walk their dogs a lot where I live, and sometimes the dogs are happy to greet you. But I always ask if I may pet the dog, and if they say yes, I will kneel down to let them sniff me before petting them. If they are stray... I honestly don't know. I haven't encountered one. I would try to find it's owner or something to help the animal.